Advertising

Re: Welp. Next year's roster?

Postby BroadcastingHusky on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:53 am

SonsofHan wrote:
Roses4Huskies wrote:SonsofHan.. both Sirmon and Yankoff are better QB prospects than Morris. I'd be stunned if Haener doesn't transfer this offseason. He's garbage and does not have a div 1 future. I project QB depth chart next year as follows:
starter: Eason
2: Sirmon
3 Yankoff
RS Morris

UW is getting better classes year after year. I think 2020 and 2021 will only continue on that trend. Already have 5* Sam Huard locked up for the '21 class.

Is Sam Brock's son, or Damon's? ,,, Or some complete;y different Huard.

Yes Yankoff was an 85 scored 4 star, and Sirmon was an 87.
4 mid to high 80's 4 stars and I have seen other pubs list Eason as a 5 star.

Seems exciting but Browning was an 84 according to espn.

Don't trust ESPN's rankings. They don't invest much money or time at all in college football recruiting.

Postby 57reasons on Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:13 pm

Roses4Huskies wrote:SonsofHan.. both Sirmon and Yankoff are better QB prospects than Morris. I'd be stunned if Haener doesn't transfer this offseason. He's garbage and does not have a div 1 future. I project QB depth chart next year as follows:
starter: Eason
2: Sirmon
3 Yankoff
RS Morris

UW is getting better classes year after year. I think 2020 and 2021 will only continue on that trend. Already have 5* Sam Huard locked up for the '21 class.

I'll be shocked if Yankoff doesnt transfer out if Sirmon comes out of spring all listed ahead of him, which i think quite likely. Could see him on Chip Kelly's UCLA squad or perhaps a WAC school. After getting accustomed to the power arms of Eason and Sirmon, especially following Browning's regression, dont see Morris emerging down the road, so he could transfer out at as well, with Sirmon bridging to Sam.
So nice to have it all stacked up for so long - should be able to attract some premier wideouts (ahem, that's you Kyle Ford!)

Postby Roses4Huskies on Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:08 pm

yup.. the Huskies are going Jacob Eason to Jacob Sirmon and then Sam Huard in 2023

I like that. Could see 5 straight National Championship berths starting 2019. With a good 2-3 wins

Postby BroadcastingHusky on Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:08 am

Roses4Huskies wrote:yup.. the Huskies are going Jacob Eason to Jacob Sirmon and then Sam Huard in 2023

I like that. Could see 5 straight National Championship berths starting 2019. With a good 2-3 wins

Oh c'mon man. I love the Huskies.

But c'mon...

Postby azdawgfan on Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:47 pm

I didn't see Q Pounds on any lists. He has only played three years. Does he have a RS season left? Of course he is very injury prone. Just asking.

Postby BroadcastingHusky on Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:41 pm

azdawgfan wrote:I didn't see Q Pounds on any lists. He has only played three years. Does he have a RS season left? Of course he is very injury prone. Just asking.

I dono.

I'd just suppose they move on from the old, bad talent.

Postby Michael K 2 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:22 am

Roses4Huskies wrote:yup.. the Huskies are going Jacob Eason to Jacob Sirmon and then Sam Huard in 2023

Had we not laid so many eggs this year and if I had more confidence in their coaching staff on offense I might have similar hopes...especially after looking at our schedule for next year! The biggest road games are Stanford and Colorado, and we have Oregon here for Homecoming.

But my confidence in this staff to get out of their own damn way on offense has been greatly shattered. I tried my damndest to not feel that way, but watching us make zero effort to win the game until down 25 in the Rose Bowl was pretty much the last straw. For some reason we have this ridiculous notion that we can just rush three on defense, sit back in zone and play such amazing defense that punting is our best offense. It is so hard to watch.

Postby Captain 97 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:22 am

I was not too pleased with the New O-Coordinator. That being said I would not just discount him moving forward. Like anything else in life there is a learning curve for play calling and offensive scheming. They will sit down and analyze things and make adjustments. He should be better as time progresses.

Postby D-Trains on Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:46 am

Captain 97 wrote:I was not too pleased with the New O-Coordinator. That being said I would not just discount him moving forward. Like anything else in life there is a learning curve for play calling and offensive scheming. They will sit down and analyze things and make adjustments. He should be better as time progresses.

I think his point is why are we a program that needs to hire guys that have to learn on the job. Seems we have aspirations of being a top 10 program but we keep just missing on top recruits, keep having Green wet eared OCs and we just aren't there yet because of it. I am ready for the next step........

dt

Postby Roses4Huskies on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:09 am

honestly, I think so many of you guys will be pleasantly surprised when you see this same offense (essentially) humming to the tune of 40ppg next season. I whole heartedly believe the success/failures rested completely on the shoulders of our qb and will again next season.

PreviousNext

Return to Husky Football