Advertising

Re: Kyle Ford announcement

Postby Michael K 2 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:16 pm

57reasons wrote: I'm honestly surprised he didnt declare THIS year, with the scant competition. I guess that is the one other hope for next year - a lot of competition with Fromm, Herbert, Trevor Lawrence, and Tui all eligible.

You have said this before and I simply don't get it. He got hurt early his Sophomore season right? So, he sat the majority of that season, then wasn't going to win the starting job so he transferred and sat another season. You think nearly two full years of zero tape on the guy is the time to go pro? Even Trey Adams is coming back, and he played half of last season and the end of this season.

Lawrence is a True Freshman, he can't go pro after next season and Herbert is really not very good. So, you think that he should be afraid to show teams what he can do because Fromm and Tui will be in the same draft class? I would have to believe he would have zero faith in his own abilities to sit out two years and then go Pro instead of trying to showcase his abilities because Tui, Fromm and freaking Herbert are in the same class.

What round would you expect a guy that hasn't played since week 3 of 2017 to be drafted? 5th? Later? You honestly think that because he will be in the same draft class as Fromm, Herbert and Lawrence that he is better off going at the bottom end of the draft this year then coming back and showing what he can do? My guess is there weren't many NFL scouts checking out the guy running the scout team offense for Washington this Fall and playing actual games might move him up several rounds and a few million dollars.

Postby Roses4Huskies on Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:44 pm

Jacob Eason going pro THIS year is the stupidest thing I've heard today

Remember people, it's not about being drafted, it's about having a successful NFL career. Eason needs to get starts under his belt. I'm hoping he racks up 15 in 2019-20

Postby Captain 97 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:23 pm

Eason has done zip in college other than show he could be replaced by a freshman.
In his one full season of play he ranked 64th in division 1A for Yards, 66th in TD's, 82nd in Yards per attempt and 87th in Rating. If he entered the draft this year he probably wouldn't even be drafted.

Postby D-Trains on Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:56 pm

But he big. He have Strong Arm. He throw far.

dt

Postby Hindemith on Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:33 pm

So if Eason has a mediocre season next year with the Huskies, then what? Do they go with him one more year and risk losing one or more of the younger QB's to transferring out?

Postby Captain 97 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:37 am

Hindemith wrote:So if Eason has a mediocre season next year with the Huskies, then what? Do they go with him one more year and risk losing one or more of the younger QB's to transferring out?

Then he comes back for another season or gets replaced by Sirmon.

Postby Hindemith on Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:12 am

Captain 97 wrote:Then he comes back for another season or gets replaced by Sirmon.

Right, then in the 1st scenario how do think Sirmon and Yankoff react to that? And in the 2nd scenario how does that make the coaches look after wasting a year on him in stead of developing another QB? It's a bad scenario either way.

Postby 57reasons on Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:20 pm

thanks everyone, not afraid to stand alone on this one. obviously i dont put nearly as much stock in college level game experience as you all, and I'm doing a lot of projection. I for one would much rather invest in superior physical talent to groom and coach up than the much lower-ceiling types currently available, but there are a lot of other factors to be sure, and many staffs don't have that luxury. God help any NFL team looking for a QB this year. btw, walter football site is already pegging Eason as a late 1st in 2020 so i'm not the only projector.

Postby Michael K 2 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:35 pm

2020 is a lot different than 2019.

Postby Captain 97 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:06 pm

Hindemith wrote:
Captain 97 wrote:Then he comes back for another season or gets replaced by Sirmon.

Right, then in the 1st scenario how do think Sirmon and Yankoff react to that? And in the 2nd scenario how does that make the coaches look after wasting a year on him in stead of developing another QB? It's a bad scenario either way.

I don't think its a bad scenario at all. You can't coach by trying to guess what is going to happen and how guys might react. You just play the best guy. Who ever wins the job will play and if they falter and the Backups are looking good they get their shot. Its the way it works everywhere. How do you think Eason got here in the first place? I don't think people are worried how the coaching staff at Georgia is looking.

PreviousNext

Return to Husky Football