Advertising

Re: Kyle Ford announcement

Postby Michael K 2 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:45 pm

Captain 97 wrote:I don't think its a bad scenario at all. You can't coach by trying to guess what is going to happen and how guys might react. You just play the best guy. Who ever wins the job will play and if they falter and the Backups are looking good they get their shot. Its the way it works everywhere. How do you think Eason got here in the first place? I don't think people are worried how the coaching staff at Georgia is looking.

This is a great point, and one I am curious about with this staff. Many in here pounded on Cyler Miles, yet unless Cyler was hurt he started every game for Pete. The past two years many felt that Jake wasn't the best option either, yet he started every game he was healthy. Is Coach Pete too loyal? If Eason struggles, will he just get yards and yards of rope to hang himself with, or will Pete make a move?

I have said for a couple of years now that if Jake is really as bad as many seem to say, then Pete is doing a poor job for one of two reasons. He is either too loyal or he has done a terrible job developing a replacement. I don't think either is true, I think Cyler was our best option and so was Jake. My hope is that with the players we have brought in now that the starter won't be afforded as many squandered opportunities.

Postby Hindemith on Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:24 pm

I think there is a slight, but not insignificant, chance that bringing in Eason the way they did, after already getting commitments from two other highly regarded QB recruits, that it could become an impediment to the overall development of the program. I hope there is some kind of understanding, if not firm agreement, between all parties that Eason gets one year to improve his draft stock and then they move on. Otherwise, I could see one of Sirmon or Yankoff (if not both) transferring out.

Postby Roses4Huskies on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:45 pm

Hindemith wrote:So if Eason has a mediocre season next year with the Huskies, then what? Do they go with him one more year and risk losing one or more of the younger QB's to transferring out?

Of course they do. What kind of question is this?

Postby Roses4Huskies on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:51 pm

Hindemith wrote:I think there is a slight, but not insignificant, chance that bringing in Eason the way they did, after already getting commitments from two other highly regarded QB recruits, that it could become an impediment to the overall development of the program. I hope there is some kind of understanding, if not firm agreement, between all parties that Eason gets one year to improve his draft stock and then they move on. Otherwise, I could see one of Sirmon or Yankoff (if not both) transferring out.

Hindesmith you can think that all you want, but I would be stunned if that bears out. Either guy would have the opportunity to start for 2 seasons at the helm of the top P12 program at the very least given your scenario. They would be at the head of the line of their chosen program!

Previous

Return to Husky Football