Advertising

Where to find our next WR coach?

Postby azdawgfan on Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:55 am

Seattle Times:
Matt Lubick, the Huskies’ receivers coach and co-offensive coordinator the past two seasons, is leaving the coaching profession, a source confirmed Monday morning. Bruce Feldman of FOX Sports first reported Lubick’s move.

I don't like seeing folks lose their jobs, but this was going to happen based on the results. The WR position group needs coaching and accountability. I continue to be blown away at WRs jogging through routes and then all of them ending up in the same part of the field. None of our WRs sprint their routes or cut hard. My gosh, it is horrible to watch. And,,, the play designs (WR routes) are terrible.

Where should we be looking for a WR coach and future O Coordinator? Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, WSU, North Dakota State, not sure, but it's for dam sure we don't have anybody on our staff.

We are left trying to figure out how we are going to replace Miles Gaskin. Maybe having a passing game is a good start.

Go Dawgs!

Re: Where to find our next WR coach?

Postby Michael K 2 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:00 am

Based on the way we hire OCs, my guess is we will get some guy that has never coached receivers before and allow him to cut his teeth while coaching here.

Re: Where to find our next WR coach?

Postby lloyd law college on Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:23 am

Return to Husky Football