Advertising

Closing in on Signing Day

Postby 57reasons on Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:57 pm

Already an outstanding class, with or without Asa Turner (now assumed going to Notre Dame). Looking for two or three additions - really confident about getting high 4 star ILB Danny Heimuli, and the cherry would be adding either 5 star WR Kyle Ford or high 4 WR Paku Nacua. Ford compares to JuJu Smith Schuster, but Nacua may actually be more dynamic. Both were listed to SC, but with all their coaching fiasco, not to mention recent program downturn, either or both could end up elsewhere - Ford to UW or Oregon, Nacua possibly to either or could also stay home in Utah. Recent WR coach change at both Oregon and UW only adds to the intrigue. This D class already elite without either Heimuli or Turner, just lacking an elite playmaker on O.

Re: Closing in on Signing Day

Postby 57reasons on Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:27 pm

One development that may affect the decisions of both Ford and Nacua - two days ago fellow top WR/OLB commit Bru McCoy signed with Texas, walking out on his earlier commit to SC. So less crowded there now for those two, but also shows the state of chaos there right now that they may just also want to avoid.

Postby Roses4Huskies on Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:03 pm

Actually all signs (I've seen) point to Turner returning (see what I did there?) to @UW_Football

Kinda funny to see -- potentially -- 3 USC WR commits or signees walk away

Could Huskies reel in on Feb 6. ??????
LB Daniel Heimuli
S Asa Turner
OLB Hunter Hansen
TE Kyle Patterson
WR Puka Nacua

plus quietly... preferred walk-ons
ILB Drew Fowler
OT Cole Thomas
RB Dontae McMillan (probably not going to walk-on, but one can hope for this or a late offer. please!!!!!!!!)

So apparently Hansen is a preferred walk-on. Didn't realize this when I first wrote the post. Also, Huskies added a pair of DBs in Mishael Powell and Andre Crump
Last edited by Roses4Huskies on Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby D-Trains on Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:06 am

Roses4Huskies wrote:Actually all signs (I've seen) point to Turner returning (see what I did there?) to @UW_Football

LB Daniel Heimuli
S Asa Turner
OLB Hunter Hansen
TE Kyle Patterson
WR Puka Nacua

ILB Drew Fowler
OT Cole Thomas
RB Dontae McMillan (probably not going to walk-on, but one can hope for this or a late offer. please!!!!!!!!)

Nice call.

dt

Postby Roses4Huskies on Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:53 am

Hey, just reading the tea leaves and doing my homework. I think it was quite apparent after Turner did not do anything during the early signing period that he was trying to resist where his HS coach was trying to send him. Move forward 5 weeks and the kid has been able to create some distance there and reaffirm his love for UW.

Good for him. Way to stick to his guns.

Postby D-Trains on Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:06 am

Roses4Huskies wrote:Hey, just reading the tea leaves and doing my homework. I think it was quite apparent after Turner did not do anything during the early signing period that he was trying to resist where his HS coach was trying to send him. Move forward 5 weeks and the kid has been able to create some distance there and reaffirm his love for UW.

Good for him. Way to stick to his guns.

His HS coach wanted him to go to ND?

dt

Postby Roses4Huskies on Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:20 am

D-Trains wrote:

dt

Yeah, so the story seems to be that his HS coach is well connected with the folks that outfit ND so he's being leaned on to send ND his top guys in order to keep getting the kick backs that his program is getting.

I probably have this slightly wrong because it's been a good 45 days since I read about this but suffice to say his HS coach and ND have ties and hes being leaned on to send Kelly players.

Postby Roses4Huskies on Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:08 pm

UW has added two preferred walk-ons in DBs Mishael Powell and Andre Crump Jr. Both are 3* recruits per 247. UW also waiting to hear on decision of Jayden Williams a safety prospect they had in for an official visit last weekend. He's deciding between USC and UW.

Interesting how UW is suddenly stacking the DB room when it looked like it may just end up being Cam Williams and KamFab

Postby D-Trains on Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:55 pm

Roses4Huskies wrote:
D-Trains wrote:

dt

Yeah, so the story seems to be that his HS coach is well connected with the folks that outfit ND so he's being leaned on to send ND his top guys in order to keep getting the kick backs that his program is getting.

I probably have this slightly wrong because it's been a good 45 days since I read about this but suffice to say his HS coach and ND have ties and hes being leaned on to send Kelly players.

Damn, sounds greasy but not surprising....

dt

Postby 57reasons on Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:07 pm

Roses4Huskies wrote:Actually all signs (I've seen) point to Turner returning (see what I did there?) to @UW_Football

LB Daniel Heimuli
S Asa Turner
OLB Hunter Hansen
TE Kyle Patterson
WR Puka Nacua

ILB Drew Fowler
OT Cole Thomas

So apparently Hansen is a preferred walk-on. Didn't realize this when I first wrote the post. Also, Huskies added a pair of DBs in Mishael Powell and Andre Crump

Less than 48 hours till the closing bell - looking for 2 or 3 more still on top of Turner signing. Ford now seeming solid to SC but the Nacua sweepstakes are in full swing, with Utah, SC, and Oregon also in the mix. Oregon had a visit this week, presumably his last, which is sometimes an advantage. If they'd gotten a commit on that visit i might have known by now, so i think that bodes well vs. them anyway. The way both Dissly and Sample each developed at UW can't hurt in the chase for Patterson, and Heimuli is being heavily predicted to the Dawgs. Getting both Heimuli and Turner on D to go with the likes of Bandes, Latu, McDuffie, et al, is just unreal, might very well turn out to be the best defensive class of ANY team this year, including that one that starts with an A.

Next

Return to Husky Football