Advertising

Re: Closing in on Signing Day

Postby D-Trains on Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:35 am

Yeah what exactly have they been too busy doing that is more important than addressing the future of their son? Bingo?

dt
 
Posts: 78750
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: Closing in on Signing Day

Postby Michael K 2 on Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:02 pm

Like I said, it is probably a stare down with Nike now. Nike feels all the gear and cash they gave up to get this kid is enough and mom isn't blinking, wants Reggie Bush treatment! Something tells me getting a house purchased for you in Eugene is much worse than Malibu!
 
Posts: 11612
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Wenatchee, WA

Re: Closing in on Signing Day

Postby Roses4Huskies on Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:09 pm

Normally I would agree but Puca was a long time commit to USC and only recently began shopping around. I think his indecisiveness makes sense because he has legit interest in multiple places. USC where he's always wanted to go, UTah where his brother attends and then UW where probably so many of his friends are now going
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:20 pm

Re: Closing in on Signing Day

Postby Michael K 2 on Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:14 pm

Roses4Huskies wrote:Normally I would agree but Puca was a long time commit to USC and only recently began shopping around. I think his indecisiveness makes sense because he has legit interest in multiple places. USC where he's always wanted to go, UTah where his brother attends and then UW where probably so many of his friends are now going


Fine, but the mom throwing out the "we didn't have time" excuse is BS.
 
Posts: 11612
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Wenatchee, WA

Re: Closing in on Signing Day

Postby 57reasons on Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:32 pm

Michael K 2 wrote:
Roses4Huskies wrote:Normally I would agree but Puca was a long time commit to USC and only recently began shopping around. I think his indecisiveness makes sense because he has legit interest in multiple places. USC where he's always wanted to go, UTah where his brother attends and then UW where probably so many of his friends are now going


Fine, but the mom throwing out the "we didn't have time" excuse is BS.

also to be fair, over the last 1-2 months there has been significant coaching turnover, particularly at his position, at 3 of the top 4 schools on his list (not giving UCLA a shot here). that is a lot to process if you're really considering all 4. like i said yesterday, by delaying they certainly give skeptics plenty of fuel for the fire to imagine foul play, but it is still at least a possibility that everything is on the up and up.
 
Posts: 1071
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Closing in on Signing Day

Postby Michael K 2 on Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:24 pm

Sure, it is possible....but why has everyone else been able to make a decision? It isn't like the USC coaching change just happened or he has other schools he needs to visit. And to then say "we didn't have time"? Come on.
 
Posts: 11612
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Wenatchee, WA

Re: Closing in on Signing Day

Postby BroadcastingHusky on Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:08 pm

Michael K 2 wrote:Sure, it is possible....but why has everyone else been able to make a decision? It isn't like the USC coaching change just happened or he has other schools he needs to visit. And to then say "we didn't have time"? Come on.


It kind of did though... imagine thinking you're going to be apart of an offense where you're told the coach is being considered an offensive genius and future commodity to teams in the NFL. Then that coach leaves and is replaced by a guy from North Texas University... First off, you have no idea how the offense is going to be ran, you made your commitment based on how the old coaches told you you'd fit in their offense and the new coach is a relative unknown...

I like think if I were in similar shoes... I'd take my time. It's only my future.
 
Posts: 974
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:42 pm

Re: Closing in on Signing Day

Postby Roses4Huskies on Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:13 pm

Let's give the kid a break. Sorry he didn't sign when we were all excited about hearing the signings on Wed Feb 6. He's apparently set to sign tomorrow, Sunday morning.

Go Huskies
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:20 pm

Re: Closing in on Signing Day

Postby 57reasons on Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:41 am

Roses4Huskies wrote:Let's give the kid a break. Sorry he didn't sign when we were all excited about hearing the signings on Wed Feb 6. He's apparently set to sign tomorrow, Sunday morning.

Go Huskies

Thanks Roses - had me scouring the net trying to find the result, only to learn the announcement is at 9:45 TONIGHT. Latest conjecture i see favors Utah. But here's another guy who might help in next year's class - realDawg poster compared him to Cooper Kupp.
https://247sports.com/Player/Sawyer-Racanelli-46048393/
 
Posts: 1071
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Closing in on Signing Day

Postby Michael K 2 on Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:53 am

Roses4Huskies wrote:Let's give the kid a break. Sorry he didn't sign when we were all excited about hearing the signings on Wed Feb 6. He's apparently set to sign tomorrow, Sunday morning.

Go Huskies


I'm less concerned with the kid than I am the mother's ignorant statement. Like I said, there are two kids in the entire nation that haven't signed yet....but, "not enough time"? Bullshit.
 
Posts: 11612
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Wenatchee, WA

PreviousNext

Return to Husky Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Advertising