Advertising

What driving habit bugs you the most? Tailgating? Driving too slow? Not signaling? Improper merging?

Quiz: Are you a crazy driver?
Story: We Seattleites can drive ourselves crazy

Blind spots caused by planting

Postby thatsmithgirl on Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:56 am

Not necessarily a rant about drivers, but homeowners who live on corners especially, who choose to plant tall grass or trees that fully bloom/blossom on their parking strips, making blind, uncontrolled intersections even more dangerous. I'm so tired of having to pull all the way into the intersection to see around pompous grass or various other plantings, to determine whether I have the right of way or whether it's clear to proceed - only to have to hurry up to throw my car in reverse if someone is coming from the other direction. At night, headlights help to gauge whether cross traffic is approaching, but during the day, it's sometimes a guessing game. In the summer when trees are in full bloom, the danger increases. It could be your loved one that I can't see cycling, walking or driving through these blind intersections that are made worse by those too inconsiderate to maintain what they've planted.

Re: Blind spots caused by planting

Postby SherW on Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:10 am

Get treatment.

Re: Blind spots caused by planting

Postby thomascook1989 on Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:40 am

LOL tht's so mean haha. I understand that sometimes. What I usually do is that I slow down and check carefully. It's just that easy.

Return to Road Rant