Advertising

What driving habit bugs you the most? Tailgating? Driving too slow? Not signaling? Improper merging?

Quiz: Are you a crazy driver?
Story: We Seattleites can drive ourselves crazy

HOV lane for speeding

Postby rovenell on Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:23 am

I drive the HOV lane alot.
What I don't understand is if I should change lanes to the right when another HOV driver is speeding up behind me. I always meet or exceed the speed limit.
I've been flipped off many times and once had pickup truck quickly cut in front of me causing me to the swerve onto the sholder to avoid a collision. Each time this happened I was going at least 5 miles an hour over the speed limit.
I will pull over to the right if there is enough room to do it safely. However, many times the HOV lane is the fastest lane and I don't think I should have to pull over in this situation.
What is the law regarding this or is the a State Patrol who can provide an answer?
rovenell

HOV lane

Postby monika on Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:32 am

Amazing that we posted at the exact same time about the same problem.

Here is a portion of RCW 46.61.100 which applies;

"(2) Upon all roadways having two or more lanes for traffic moving in the same direction, all vehicles shall be driven in the right-hand lane then available for traffic, except (a) when overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction, (b) when traveling at a speed greater than the traffic flow, (c) when moving left to allow traffic to merge, or (d) when preparing for a left turn at an intersection, exit, or into a private road or driveway when such left turn is legally permitted. On any such roadway, a vehicle or combination over ten thousand pounds shall be driven only in the right-hand lane except under the conditions enumerated in (a) through (d) of this subsection.

A high-occupancy vehicle lane is not considered the left-hand lane of a roadway."

Here is the link;

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=46.61.100
monika

Law need changing

Postby Jerry on Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:22 pm

If the hov lane is not considered a "left hand lane" by law, it should be changed. I don't know how many times I've seen cars stacked up behind some uncaring or unobserving dolt not even driving the speed limit. The result is reckless behavior in the trailing vehicles trying to get around the offender. I frequently use the hov and if I see someone coming up behind me I move over to let them go through even if i'm doing the limit. As one of the officers commented it's up to the police to control speeds not individual drivers.
Jerry

Postby Guest on Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:25 pm

get a bike, then you can weave in and out of traffic.

Re: HOV lane for speeding

Postby lindawatson on Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:11 am

I've had the same trouble! I found a solution at https://researchpapers.io/articles/do-my-research-paper-cheap-16524/ and it was the best thing I've ever found. Hopefully this will help you as well

Re: HOV lane for speeding

Postby Denis11 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:29 am

Course project is also an independent scientific work of the student in writing. But it is a mandatory component of the technical project on a given topic. In addition to technical specifications in the course project is usually present and the economic part, which is to analyze the effect of the application or perform calculations relating to the organization of production management. Course project is strictly individual for each student and provides for the development of not only professional, but also creative skills.
You can get A+ just clicking https://courseworkz.com/services/do-my-coursework/

Return to Road Rant