Advertising

Which of these drugs do you use with at least some regularity (select up to 3)
None whatsoever (other than legal such as caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, etc)
46%
Marijuana
15%
Cocaine
8%
Heroin / Morphine / Codeine
23%
Opioid painkillers (like Oxycontin or Vicadin)
8%
MDPV (i.e. Bath Salts) / PCP
No votes
Amphetamines
No votes
Ecstasy / MDMA
No votes
Inhalants (solvents / propellants / poppers)
No votes
Hallucinogens (e.g. LSD / peyote / mushrooms)
No votes

Total votes : 13

Re: Poll: drug use survey

Postby John Cloggart on Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:10 pm

I'm startin' ta think some o'yous ain't bein' forward an' up-front about yer drug issues.

Postby Moe Gibbs on Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:40 am

Pot and alcohol from about age 16 for me. I would guess 50% of my High School Class were pretty regular drinkers and smokers. An ounce of Mexican in the late 1960s was $10 and a quart of beer about 50 cents to a dollar. Columbian was more like $20/ounce [and well worth it compared to the Mexican].
Cocaine showed up around 1970 or so at some high school parties, believe it or not.
The smartest kids [with rare exception] did not partake any of it. You never saw them at any parties, or any of the usual "hangouts". There was a ton of peer pressure to go astray but they were so well focused on their scholastic careers and obviously the financial rewards [and interesting, prestigious careers] that go along with it.
With rare exception I believe the people who simply "Don't have time for any of this junk" are the ones that lead the most active, happy, healthy, productive lives.
Once I got serious about my future [after leaving the military], then I didn't have any time [or money to waste] for marijuana and alcohol was also a low priority.
These substances can be a lot of fun on special occasions, but the novelty wears off when you use them daily.
First get your education and career, your house and car paid off, some money in the bank, your kids with a head start at home with their reading, writing & arithmetic, get yourself a meaningful hobby..........THEN see how much time is left over for any drug or alcohol habits.

Postby John Cloggart on Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:46 pm

Thanks for sharing your own experiences. When I was in high school in the mid 80's (and I went to a private school with some fairly bright schoolmates from well-off circumstances) the class valedictorian and his closest friends went to parties almost every friday night where they did weed and/or got drunk. I was kind of friends with him from grades 6 through 10 but I was more of a loner as I progressed through high school and because I didn't have a car or live near anyone I didn't get into the party scene very much. One of his friends who lived in a big house in Laurelhurst had connections to local drug dealers in the U-district and he supplied a lot of their dope at the time. I think he may have also tried mescaline or LSD a few times. All I know is that he really weirded out and became super mellow and suspended a lot of his critical thinking skills as a result of this, although he was extremely bright and went on to a PhD at one of the Ivy League schools. I smoked weed with them once in high school (I didn't even know what I was smoking, they just passed me a joint) and another time with a guy in college that I didn't really know well at all, and I got sick both times while not seeming to get any kind of high out of the drug. It makes me wonder if my body is just intolerant to marijuana or I have some weird chemical imbalance in my brain that over-rides the effects of it.

Postby WallaWallaDawg on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:38 am

I've never done pot of any sort.

But with the arthritis issues I have Tylenol 3's are a mainstay.
-So only as prescribed by a doctor, here-
8)

Postby John Cloggart on Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:31 pm

So who done did a diversity of dirty drugs down in dem dark days of dissipation and depravity?

Postby John Cloggart on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:58 pm

Hey....wher'd everbuddy go?

Postby John Cloggart on Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:13 pm

Over in Rusky land they do this nasty stuff called Crocadil. It actually eats away their flesh.

Postby John Cloggart on Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:46 pm

I added PCP in the same line as bath salts, even though it probably is a different type of drug. The poll creation only allows 10 different "answers" to the poll question.

Postby John Cloggart on Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:22 pm

All you spammers are welcome to take part in this survey. What kind of drugs are popular in India?

Postby John Cloggart on Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:03 pm

How about you Vietnamesers out there, what do you like?

PreviousNext

Return to Rant and Rave