Advertising

Re: Zach Lewis Injury - How will this affect the 3A Playoff

Postby kc26 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:46 pm

Ryland Spencer wrote:
odeagrad79 wrote:
Eastside can easily cruise the next four weeks with
the 2nd team QB. Starting QB went out with ankle injury and should return.

I wouldn't say they will cruise, especially considering their 2nd team QB is out with a broken collarbone. They are now down to their 3rd stringer, Hayden Harris, who I like, but he was getting DE reps during the spring.

Coaches are really going to have to earn their money now.

Postby user123445789 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:42 pm

EC has enough talent, even with a 3rd string QB to reach the final or semi-final. Instead of winning 21-7, they may now win 10-7 over the nearest competition, as they ground and pound away the clock. When you have that many "SC" guys on both sides of the ball, you are still at par or better than most of the field.

Postby esq on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:59 pm

user123445789 wrote:EC has a terrific talent pipeline from FSP and FBU. If you are going to build a national program, you need that kind of talent.The team this season is more talented and deeper than any time in recent memory. It does look like Kennedy and O'Dea are aligning with FSP too, so in a few years maybe their will be more balance but as long as EC has the financial wherewithal and interest to have a wide talent pool, I cant see either privates coming close.

Your statement is not only misleading but false. EC has quite a bit of boys at FSP but they were at EC before ever training at FSP. If FSP is a pipeline then that would mean they feeding kids into the system which they are not.Looks more like FSP is getting EC kids to train there, Same thing with Kennedy and O'Dea. Just because kids train there (after already attending the school) doesn't mean FSP is "feeding" them to these schools. :roll:

Postby odeagrad79 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:13 pm

esq wrote:
user123445789 wrote:EC has a terrific talent pipeline from FSP and FBU. If you are going to build a national program, you need that kind of talent.The team this season is more talented and deeper than any time in recent memory. It does look like Kennedy and O'Dea are aligning with FSP too, so in a few years maybe their will be more balance but as long as EC has the financial wherewithal and interest to have a wide talent pool, I cant see either privates coming close.

Your statement is not only misleading but false. EC has quite a bit of boys at FSP but they were at EC before ever training at FSP. If FSP is a pipeline then that would mean they feeding kids into the system which they are not.Looks more like FSP is getting EC kids to train there, Same thing with Kennedy and O'Dea. Just because kids train there (after already attending the school) doesn't mean FSP is "feeding" them to these schools. :roll:

FSP did have four senior transfers to Rainier Beach
this past six months. These transfers all seem very
odd.

Agreed. Eastside kids train at FSP and already enrolled at Eastside.

ODea has a few kids that have just started at FSP.

Postby waprepsportsfan on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:30 pm

Not sure EC makes a semifinal or final with their 3rd string QB. I believe that Lincoln and EC are headed for a potential 3A Quarterfinal matchup which would be at Lincoln. Their defense and offensive line are going to have to be stellar for them to advance past Lincoln.

Postby spartan14 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:03 am

Didn't a news writer from TNT tweet something out about a Newport kid announcing his transfer to Kennedy and thanking FSP just before the season? None of this compares to hoops

Postby formerly uriah heep on Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:07 am

Didn't a news writer from TNT tweet something out about a Newport kid announcing his transfer to Kennedy and thanking FSP just before the season?

Don't know who the player is or where he was from but this may be the announcement you are referring to. Guess Garfield or Beach didn't get their checks in on time. Gotta feed the ford...

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ford_Rising/status/899132521887088641

Postby odeagrad79 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:46 am

Without FSP the state of Washington would not produce any DI players. Hunter Bryant would be playing CC football without FSP.

Coach Petersen is blessed that he only need look to
FSP to build the Huskies roster. :D

Postby aplman99 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:31 pm

odeagrad79 wrote:Without FSP the state of Washington would not produce any DI players. Hunter Bryant would be playing CC football without FSP.

At first I didn't have my sarcasm detector activated, so my initial reaction was to point out that perhaps the top 2 offensive linemen in the PAC12 came from Wenatchee and weren't products of FSP........

Postby odeagrad79 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:50 pm

aplman99 wrote:
odeagrad79 wrote:Without FSP the state of Washington would not produce any DI players. Hunter Bryant would be playing CC football without FSP.

At first I didn't have my sarcasm detector activated, so my initial reaction was to point out that perhaps the top 2 offensive linemen in the PAC12 came from Wenatchee and weren't products of FSP........

FSP takes far to much credit fot putting a little wax on the hood of already talented athlete's. It could be
be the little man complex.

Previous

Return to High School Sports