Advertising

Re: Watch the Romar dominoes FX on Metro!

Postby odeagrad79 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:22 pm

Could be major problems for a couple of Seattle public schools coming soon.

Postby insidejob on Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:43 pm

BROY I am guessing was sick.... as far as Chang, all I am saying
He was not suited... I don't even know what he looks like... Dogs
Have another kid, #5, Tavius? Was not even on roster in program.
Decent player, 6'6" maybe, strong kid.. I had to ask a kid on RHS team
After the game who he was ... heard he was in Cali until
October? Might be a soph. Sorry spotty info on him but do find it
Interesting kid wasn't in doghouse first part of school year. Anyhow
He definitely helped them last night.
Last edited by insidejob on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby pakibuz on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:49 am

good one this article

Postby insidejob on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:33 am

PJ FULLER erupts and dumps 20 beans
In the 2nd qtr at RB and Pups embarrass
Bethea on HOF night with a BROY 100-72
thumping. Gotta believe only time Bethea been
Triple digited....

Broy flexes his recruiting class and
benefits and leaves Bethea pondering
mid-season roster changes.

Changing of the guard is complete.

What an utterly detestable league.

Postby insidejob on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:12 pm

To me these are the best 2 teams at moment....
ODEA has been consistent and I feel they are
Better than RB, losing early with young players
On RD to them, they would beat them neutral now.

Garfield has the most talent but they have trailed
At Lions and hosting WS in the 4th qtr in both.
Only impressive win was at RB. Like Hale last year
They run nothing offensively. BROY will learn his
Lessons this year that actually being able to execute
Counts, having the Porters last year he wasn't exposed.

I'll make dogs a 4 pt fave at ODEA

But Irish win would not surprise in least.... better
Overall coaching staff.

Postby insidejob on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:01 pm

Fighting Irish fall to Bulldogs 74-61

PJ Fuller 20pts

Thought it'd be closer, albeit Dogs have significantly more talent
But play to opp's level so upset is possible... ranked 8th in nation.

EC got Franklin 68-61.

I still feel teams look like this:

GARFIELD
ODEA
RB
EC
FRANKLIN
SP
CLEVE
WS

OF COURSE, other than Garfield separating themselves now, winning
By DD at RB and O'Dea, the rest are tight.

Postby insidejob on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:22 pm

So word I heard today from 2 metro coaches is EC and Franklin have to play tonight bc they used a coin flip to settle a tie instead of playing off for it.... it doesn't make sense if they had same record, EC beat Quakers... anyhow, so now they gotta jam a fourth game in 5 days to see who plays at O'Dea and KingCo 2 on Saturday... my understanding is winner plays at O'Dea and if it's thought one team "throws game" the other gets to "pick" who they play next ... this if true is just nuts, nice job McCurdy and ADs!

Postby insidejob on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:46 pm

EC 73
FRANKLIN 68

EC goes to odea at 3 pm tomorrow, LO

What a circus. Metro is a joke.

Further proof Broy 72-Bethea 68

How many players started those schools as freshmen?
Eddie Turner, Kevin Porter... please list others that contributed.

Postby waprepsportsfan on Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:03 am

What I am about to tell you is what truly happened to get to this point. There was no "tie between EC and Franklin".
That is "cover up" talk you are getting from the metro coaches your talked to. EC and Franklin had an actual game they had to play to decide who is Metro 7 and Metro 8 into the SeaKing District Bracket. EC beat Frankin 73-68 in the scheduled 7th place/8th place Metro game tonight. Thus, EC should be Metro 7 in the SeaKing District tournament and play Metro 5 in a loser out game Saturday night. Last night Odea defeated Seattle Prep 67-52 in the Metro 5th place/6th place game.

Thus: Metro 5 should be Odea, Metro 6 should be Seattle Prep , Metro 7 should be EC and Metro 8 should be Franklin.

Metro 8 is supposed to play KingCo 2 in a Sea-King loser out game Saturday night:
This game should be Juanita @ Franklin.

Metro 7 is supposed to play Metro 5 in a Sea-King loser out game Saturday night.
This game should be EC @ Odea.

Yes, the loser of EC @ Odea would have their season end tomorrow night and not make the double-elimination part of the Sea-King District Tournament.

From my sources, they were originally not play this game and flip a coin because both Franklin and EC wanted to play Juanita instead of Odea in a SeaKing loser out game. My guessing is that word got out to enough certain people that they were forced to abandon that idea and actually play the game.

Instead what was agreed to by Metro is that the winner of tonight's EC vs Franklin game could get to choose their seed they wanted (Metro Seven or Metro Eight). Since EC won, they chose Metro 8 so they could play Juanita, a much easier team for them to win and advance to the Sea-King Quarterfinals instead of playing Odea who they are supposed to play according to the actual SeaKing District Bracket. This screws Franklin as they now must beat O'dea tomorrow night in order for them to have their season continue instead of playing Juanita a far less superior team than O'dea who they would likely win and advance to the SeaKing District double-elimination tournament and have a chance to then make regionals and state.

The KingCo coaches, to my understanding, are livid and completely up in arms over this. I know that Cindy Adsit at WIAA has also been contacted about this but with such little amount of time for WIAA to intervene ( the first of these 2 games is supposed to be played at 3pm Saturday) and stop this charade from happening. The wrong matchups are very likely to happen tomorrow which especially favors EC and gives them an much easier road into the SeaKing Quarterfinals potentially make regionals and state and avoid what is supposed to happen tomorrow night that either Odea or EC would lose tomorrow night and their season be over.

This is unbelievable that this is being allowed to happen. . Anyone know any newspapers have been contacted about this and whether or not they would try to do anything to get this fixed? This is such a black eye on the integrity of the 3A state tournament this year in my opinion because this allows EC or O'Dea a chance to advance to regionals and beyond into the state tournament when in reality they are supposed to play tomorrow night in a loser out game and one of they is supposed to have their season end tomorrow night. I imagine if the other districts found out about this "arraignment by Metro": they would be pissed and up in arms. I do not know how many of them are aware of this yet. None of them might be aware of this.

If anyone else can shec more light on this matter than I have, please post. To me if we cannot trust the integrity of a particular district tournament bracket, then we also cannot have faith in the subsequent regional brackets that get set up and who ultimately makes the 12 team 3A state tournament and how the state tournament plays out because either Odea or EC should not be have the ability to make it past tomorrow night;s game that they are supposed to be playing against each other. This stinks so bad !!!

I am praying for a miracle tomorrow that Franklin beats O'dea and eliminates them from posteason play and that Juanita upsets EC and also eliminates EC from postseason play. That would be the ultimate karma to come back and bite those two Catholic schools in the butt and maybe teach the Metro schools a lesson for once.

Postby insidejob on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:46 am

Yep someone who knew the whole story explained it to me last night,
EC and Franklin both admitted to throwing the game if they played
So coaches flipped coin then higher UPS decided that was a no go
And so they rewarded the winner of Friday's game the easier route.

PreviousNext

Return to High School Sports