Advertising

Re: Watch the Romar dominoes FX on Metro!

Postby waprepsportsfan on Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:54 pm

Very interesting no BROY last night and no Ed Chang either. Knowing that Chang was sitting BEHIND the bench and in street clothes during games in December for Garfield and now, being told he was not in attendance for this game, makes me also think an eligibility issue for Ed. Is he still enrolled at Garfield? Is he still attending classes?

No idea why BROY was not there except maybe he was really sick and could not coach. Could be no big deal if it is a 1 game hiatus and we see him coaching Friday night against Chief Sealth. But, if he is not there on Friday, then you got to start wondering why he is not coaching.

You could be onto something. Or it could end up not being a big deal. Let us know if BROY and Chang are there Friday or not against Chief Sealth.

Postby pakibuz on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:49 am

good one this article

Postby waprepsportsfan on Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:03 am

What I am about to tell you is what truly happened to get to this point. There was no "tie between EC and Franklin".
That is "cover up" talk you are getting from the metro coaches your talked to. EC and Franklin had an actual game they had to play to decide who is Metro 7 and Metro 8 into the SeaKing District Bracket. EC beat Frankin 73-68 in the scheduled 7th place/8th place Metro game tonight. Thus, EC should be Metro 7 in the SeaKing District tournament and play Metro 5 in a loser out game Saturday night. Last night Odea defeated Seattle Prep 67-52 in the Metro 5th place/6th place game.

Thus: Metro 5 should be Odea, Metro 6 should be Seattle Prep , Metro 7 should be EC and Metro 8 should be Franklin.

Metro 8 is supposed to play KingCo 2 in a Sea-King loser out game Saturday night:
This game should be Juanita @ Franklin.

Metro 7 is supposed to play Metro 5 in a Sea-King loser out game Saturday night.
This game should be EC @ Odea.

Yes, the loser of EC @ Odea would have their season end tomorrow night and not make the double-elimination part of the Sea-King District Tournament.

From my sources, they were originally not play this game and flip a coin because both Franklin and EC wanted to play Juanita instead of Odea in a SeaKing loser out game. My guessing is that word got out to enough certain people that they were forced to abandon that idea and actually play the game.

Instead what was agreed to by Metro is that the winner of tonight's EC vs Franklin game could get to choose their seed they wanted (Metro Seven or Metro Eight). Since EC won, they chose Metro 8 so they could play Juanita, a much easier team for them to win and advance to the Sea-King Quarterfinals instead of playing Odea who they are supposed to play according to the actual SeaKing District Bracket. This screws Franklin as they now must beat O'dea tomorrow night in order for them to have their season continue instead of playing Juanita a far less superior team than O'dea who they would likely win and advance to the SeaKing District double-elimination tournament and have a chance to then make regionals and state.

The KingCo coaches, to my understanding, are livid and completely up in arms over this. I know that Cindy Adsit at WIAA has also been contacted about this but with such little amount of time for WIAA to intervene ( the first of these 2 games is supposed to be played at 3pm Saturday) and stop this charade from happening. The wrong matchups are very likely to happen tomorrow which especially favors EC and gives them an much easier road into the SeaKing Quarterfinals potentially make regionals and state and avoid what is supposed to happen tomorrow night that either Odea or EC would lose tomorrow night and their season be over.

This is unbelievable that this is being allowed to happen. . Anyone know any newspapers have been contacted about this and whether or not they would try to do anything to get this fixed? This is such a black eye on the integrity of the 3A state tournament this year in my opinion because this allows EC or O'Dea a chance to advance to regionals and beyond into the state tournament when in reality they are supposed to play tomorrow night in a loser out game and one of they is supposed to have their season end tomorrow night. I imagine if the other districts found out about this "arraignment by Metro": they would be pissed and up in arms. I do not know how many of them are aware of this yet. None of them might be aware of this.

If anyone else can shec more light on this matter than I have, please post. To me if we cannot trust the integrity of a particular district tournament bracket, then we also cannot have faith in the subsequent regional brackets that get set up and who ultimately makes the 12 team 3A state tournament and how the state tournament plays out because either Odea or EC should not be have the ability to make it past tomorrow night;s game that they are supposed to be playing against each other. This stinks so bad !!!

I am praying for a miracle tomorrow that Franklin beats O'dea and eliminates them from posteason play and that Juanita upsets EC and also eliminates EC from postseason play. That would be the ultimate karma to come back and bite those two Catholic schools in the butt and maybe teach the Metro schools a lesson for once.

Postby formerly uriah heep on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:01 am

waprepsportsfan wrote:From my sources, they were originally not play this game and flip a coin because both Franklin and EC wanted to play Juanita instead of Odea in a SeaKing loser out game. My guessing is that word got out to enough certain people that they were forced to abandon that idea and actually play the game.

Reading between the lines it looks like there would be strong incentive for EC and Franklin to lose the game as the loser would get Juanita and the winner would get O'Dea. Don't know why the KingCo coaches would be upset, other than being offended by the seemingly reasonable idea that you would rather play Juanita in a loser out game than O'Dea. If you were the EC or Franklin coach and you path to state either went through O'Dea and (likely) West Seattle or Juanita and Cleveland and you got to choose by NOT winning a game, what would you do?

waprepsportsfan wrote:This is such a black eye on the integrity of the 3A state tournament this year in my opinion because this allows EC or O'Dea a chance to advance to regionals and beyond into the state tournament when in reality they are supposed to play tomorrow night in a loser out game and one of they is supposed to have their season end tomorrow night.

All the games Saturday are loser-out games.

Postby formerly uriah heep on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:08 am

insidejob wrote:EC and Franklin both admitted to throwing the game if they played

Doubt they said they would throw the game. I believe the correct term is "Resting your starters"...

Postby JD84UC on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:33 pm

Metro plays by their rules. WIAA and District 2 have no say or control, especially in basketball and football. Doyle and D2 ADs and coaches do not matter in the equation.

Postby waprepsportsfan on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:24 am

More reason why I believe that KingCo should consider leaving District 2 and seeing if they can join either District 1 or District 3 or create their own district. Let Metro be in their own district !!

Postby WAislaNDer on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:22 am

Now that O'Dea is guaranteed a spot in the state payoffs, my 3 favorite teams are Cleveland, West Seattle and Bellevue. Hopefully one of them can get two more wins.

Postby waprepsportsfan on Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:46 pm

All 3 of these teams have already played Garfield at least once this season. Based on those results, I would give Cleveland the best chance to beat Garfield. If somehow Cleveland beats Garfield on Friday, they would not be a guarantee to beat the West Seattle vs Bellevue winner.

Postby user1476724350649 on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:15 pm

O’DEA doesn’t cheat they play by the rules

PreviousNext

Return to High School Sports