Advertising

Falk is staying

Postby calabcoug on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:10 pm

I know everyone felt it was a foregone conclusion, but it wasn't. Falk's parents were divorcing this year and it wasn't pretty...public spats about tickets and game seating and the like were distractions for him all season. They sat separately at games...which had to be somewhat of a head trip for our QB. They are after all, college age kids and that type of family trauma is no picnic.

Conversely, his girlfriend, and they say it is SERIOUS has a year left. So...she wins and so do Coug fans. :wink:

Personally, I think it is a wise choice as I con't think he's ready. His out pass, the crucial 20 yard up and out to the sideline has to be on a dime in the NFL and Luke still floats that throw. Accuracy isn't a problem, but heat on the throws up field is needed.

Rumors are that O'Connell despite his All American status, will stay in school. But that maybe Madison will go out as there is a dearth of tackles this draft. I would love it of that OL gets it's seniors... but the depth in that position is real good.

Losing Big Joe as the DL coach will hurt... the Samoan connection has been beneficial and Cooper went NFL as a junior and Destiny V had a nice season for the Eagles. I think Ekuale will get a sniff too after his senior season... it is no coincidence that OL and DL guys making the NFL grade coincides with Coug bowls and 9 and 8 wins seasons. Trenches...it all happens or doesn't up front...

Re: Falk is staying

Postby Coug Tracks on Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:05 pm

calabcoug wrote:I know everyone felt it was a foregone conclusion, but it wasn't. Falk's parents were divorcing this year and it wasn't pretty...public spats about tickets and game seating and the like were distractions for him all season. They sat separately at games...which had to be somewhat of a head trip for our QB. They are after all, college age kids and that type of family trauma is no picnic.

Conversely, his girlfriend, and they say it is SERIOUS has a year left. So...she wins and so do Coug fans. :wink:

Personally, I think it is a wise choice as I con't think he's ready. His out pass, the crucial 20 yard up and out to the sideline has to be on a dime in the NFL and Luke still floats that throw. Accuracy isn't a problem, but heat on the throws up field is needed.

Rumors are that O'Connell despite his All American status, will stay in school. But that maybe Madison will go out as there is a dearth of tackles this draft. I would love it of that OL gets it's seniors... but the depth in that position is real good.

Losing Big Joe as the DL coach will hurt... the Samoan connection has been beneficial and Cooper went NFL as a junior and Destiny V had a nice season for the Eagles. I think Ekuale will get a sniff too after his senior season... it is no coincidence that OL and DL guys making the NFL grade coincides with Coug bowls and 9 and 8 wins seasons. Trenches...it all happens or doesn't up front...
It's good to have Falk back for another year. I had no idea about his parents. Sounds like a mess.

O'Connell is going to get drafted but he only has 1 real year of reps. I think he should come back especially if he projects as a guard in the NFL. Madison has had some injuries so I guess it wouldn't shock me. They picked up JC Valencia out of SFCC who could step right in with winter conditioning and spring ball under his belt as a December grad. OT depth actually concerned me last year. It seemed the backups were Middleton/O'Connell if push came to shove. Bigge-Duren should get there this year but it seems the other players that project to OT redshirted this year.

Interesting to see who they get to replace Coach Salave'a. Definitely a blow but he's been around for some time and the off field stuff probably impacted his decision. Too bad but 'is what it is' kinda' thing.

Return to Cougars