Advertising

Gittens is a git

Postby calabcoug on Mon May 01, 2017 1:18 pm

Nice recruiting get for Kent. First 4 star since Klay...

Gittens also is the third-straight homegrown Player of the Year signed by Cougar coach Ernie Kent, following on the heels of Tacoma's Malachi Flynn last year and Federal Way's Viont’e Daniels the year prior.
Add in touted Los Angeles product Milan Mcquaah, who redshirted this past season, and the Cougars have a corps of guard/wing types to carry them for three-years-plus.
Scout.com ranks Gittens among the top 30 shooting forwards in the nation and No. 9 in the West. He averaged 22 points, 7.1 rebounds, 5.5 assists and 2 blocks this season as he led Foss to the Class 2A state title. He was named WIAA and Associated Press Class 2A Player of the Year, and the Tacoma News Tribune named him the All-Area Player of the Year.

Re: Gittens is a git

Postby Coug Tracks on Mon May 01, 2017 2:00 pm

calabcoug wrote:Nice recruiting get for Kent. First 4 star since Klay...

Gittens also is the third-straight homegrown Player of the Year signed by Cougar coach Ernie Kent, following on the heels of Tacoma's Malachi Flynn last year and Federal Way's Viont’e Daniels the year prior.
Add in touted Los Angeles product Milan Mcquaah, who redshirted this past season, and the Cougars have a corps of guard/wing types to carry them for three-years-plus.

Scout.com ranks Gittens among the top 30 shooting forwards in the nation and No. 9 in the West. He averaged 22 points, 7.1 rebounds, 5.5 assists and 2 blocks this season as he led Foss to the Class 2A state title. He was named WIAA and Associated Press Class 2A Player of the Year, and the Tacoma News Tribune named him the All-Area Player of the Year.
Really like what we are building in the backcourt with Flynn, Acquaah, and now Gittens. I think JC Hinson gives us a good bridge over the next couple of years to allow Gittens to round out his game. We should be able to at least compete in the backcourt.

Then there is the frontcourt. Deion James visited Southern Utah this weekend and also has Colorado State and Fresno State in his final 4 but says he still may take his final visit somewhere. I looked on verbal commits and it doesn't look like Colorado State has any more room left. Apparently the other PF Kwintin Williams had a good JC Tournament over the last few weeks looking for more interest so James might be our best shot.

Postby calabcoug on Mon May 01, 2017 8:50 pm

Coug Tracks wrote:
calabcoug wrote:Nice recruiting get for Kent. First 4 star since Klay...

Really like what we are building in the backcourt with Flynn, Acquaah, and now Gittens. I think JC Hinson gives us a good bridge over the next couple of years to allow Gittens to round out his game. We should be able to at least compete in the backcourt.

Then there is the frontcourt. Deion James visited Southern Utah this weekend and also has Colorado State and Fresno State in his final 4 but says he still may take his final visit somewhere. I looked on verbal commits and it doesn't look like Colorado State has any more room left. Apparently the other PF Kwintin Williams had a good JC Tournament over the last few weeks looking for more interest so James might be our best shot.

Another big body would be pretty helpful... the power forward type was essential in Kent's 3 guard sets in Oregon. Spread it and hope the PF can hit that 12 footer...for those minutes when the shot blocker big is sitting.

Postby Coug Tracks on Tue May 02, 2017 8:53 pm

James to CSU. Cougfan indicated we were stepping away from James. I looked on verbal commits and WSU is no longer listed as offering so it looks like they may have pulled the offer. Kwinton Williams is still listed as being offered.

They may be holding offers back for next years class since currently we have no seniors and have already offered Garfield's J'Raan Brooks (PF) and Richland's 7'3" Riley Sorn.

Postby calabcoug on Tue May 02, 2017 11:56 pm

Coug Tracks wrote:James to CSU. Cougfan indicated we were stepping away from James. I looked on verbal commits and WSU is no longer listed as offering so it looks like they may have pulled the offer. Kwinton Williams is still listed as being offered.

They may be holding offers back for next years class since currently we have no seniors and have already offered Garfield's J'Raan Brooks (PF) and Richland's 7'3" Riley Sorn.

HA! 7'3" outta Richland? Big nuke.

Postby Coug Tracks on Wed May 03, 2017 11:56 am

calabcoug wrote:
Coug Tracks wrote:James to CSU. Cougfan indicated we were stepping away from James. I looked on verbal commits and WSU is no longer listed as offering so it looks like they may have pulled the offer. Kwinton Williams is still listed as being offered.

HA! 7'3" outta Richland? Big nuke.
He's thinner than Robbie!

Postby calabcoug on Wed May 03, 2017 9:50 pm

I'm interested in Sosinski, the 6'8" juco PF...formerly a NCAA recruit at QB. He's 250 pounds and runs a 4.6 forty... wouldn't mind a couple seasons of a big body who can run the floor. In tandem with the skinny shot blocker...

Postby Coug Tracks on Thu May 04, 2017 1:58 pm

calabcoug wrote:I'm interested in Sosinski, the 6'8" juco PF...formerly a NCAA recruit at QB. He's 250 pounds and runs a 4.6 forty... wouldn't mind a couple seasons of a big body who can run the floor. In tandem with the skinny shot blocker...
He had some solid looking highlights but has disappeared. Not sure what the status is on him.

Postby calabcoug on Sat May 20, 2017 4:16 pm

Still watching for that last scholie... I don't think Kent can afford not to use it.

Postby Coug Tracks on Sun May 21, 2017 3:30 pm

It has been pretty quiet on the final assistant coach and final recruiting spots. There's not a lot out there other than players landing somewhere else other than Pullman. It looks like Kwintin Williams (PF/SF) visited Portland State and is now a Pitt target as well. So for whatever reason doesn't appear on the WSU radar any longer.

All we can do is wait and see. I would still expect us to get sign another player but maybe it won't come until late like Arinze Chidom last year (late summer)?

Next

Return to Cougars