Advertising

Max Borghi RB Flips to WSU

Postby Coug Tracks on Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:04 am

Max Borghi commited to WSU recently. He's a RB (slot) out of Colorado and was a CU commit. He's a 3-star with reported 4.4 speed. Compared to Jamal Morrow by Cougfan "only faster" sounds good to me. I don't know the level of competition but his tape looks really good. He's seems really quick, explosive, fast, good ability to catch out of the backfield.

He hurt his knee at the end of last season so maybe a little bit of a James Williams situation. Appears he may miss part of his senior year but I haven't done much looking there. Really hope we hold on to Borghi. Good get!

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4724429/583ba681dfd8b827b0bdc231

Re: Max Borghi RB Flips to WSU

Postby calabcoug on Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:32 pm

Jame William's dad told me last year that they stuck with WSU because WSU stuck with them...even after he blew his knee. SC was all over booby, and then...they weren't he told me. Stay on top of the kid and show him that attention they crave at 18.

Postby Coug Tracks on Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:35 pm

calabcoug wrote:Jame William's dad told me last year that they stuck with WSU because WSU stuck with them...even after he blew his knee. SC was all over booby, and then...they weren't he told me. Stay on top of the kid and show him that attention they crave at 18.
Would have loved to be in on that conversation with dad Williams. Williams was a game changer recruit for us at RB and he probably breaks out this year to a different level than our other backs (who are talented as well). Williams is just a different level talent. I wish more kids would see the value of a program seeing them as a "game changer" versus just another number they can easily replace. The SC's of the world make their choices but have the luxury of moving on to the next "pretty face" if there is an issue. Why take the risk of an injury?

I'm not saying the way SC goes about things is wrong. It's just the nature of our relative positions in the order of college football. We of course do the same thing to "smaller programs". It worked out for us this time around. Worked out with Michael Bumpus a decade plus ago as well. SC found a higher profile receiver and asked Bumpus to blue shirt. We had kept contact and he flipped to WSU.

Something seemed to happen with Borghi and CU. Maybe they recruited over him when he was injured, the contact and "love" started to dry up, or he didn't feel like a priority? I think we do a great job of letting kids know they are a priority at WSU. If Borghi is healthy I could see him breaking into the lineup year 1.

Postby calabcoug on Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:20 am

Hmmm...I kinda of doubt that breaking the line up, as they are tightly loaded at the RB position. Also, at long last they are able and willing and actually red shirting the young ones. True frosh who can impact are rare...and 3 stars even rarer, who accomplish it. But...glad he's coming in...I say go directly to the weight room and we'll see you in two years.

Return to Cougars