Advertising

Re: Buck Brannaman Clinic

Postby kriss10 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:25 pm

Thanks Joan - one can never have too many photos :) Overall, the clinic was excellent. I really didn't know what to expect since I have never been to any training clinics before so I must say I am pretty delighted with the results. I learned so much and I am so excited about the progress Cooter has made in just 4 days. We have a lot to work on over the next year, and when I multiply that by 5, I think I will be really busy for the rest of the year. I am already planning to go back next year.

Postby kriss10 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:29 pm

Heading to Ellensburg next week for our third year of clinics with Buck. This year is a bit different because I have been out of town for work a LOT this year, and none of the horses have been ridden much. I'm hoping that Cooter has retained enough that we can go and learn something new and not just play catch-up!

Postby Joan Deutsch on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:26 pm

Postby kriss10 on 07 Jul 2017, 19:29
Heading to Ellensburg next week for our third year of clinics with Buck. This year is a bit different because I have been out of town for work a LOT this year, and none of the horses have been ridden much. I'm hoping that Cooter has retained enough that we can go and learn something new and not just play catch-up!

Kriss, I hope you give us a rundown on how the clinic went! I hated to miss it again this year. My work week is so long that I try to catch up with all the chores on the weekend. Plus, Streak's extra care is taking time. Anyway, I hope we get to audit next year. Looking forward to hearing what you thought of it. :D

Postby kriss10 on Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:23 am

This year was another great clinic. This was the first time I have been to a clinic where everyone was able to get on their horse on the first day, so we actually made lots of progress. I took Ricky and we made some really good progress in lateral movement, working off my legs, and we started on vertical flexion. The afternoon class was a roping clinic, which is always fun to watch. He spent a lot of time going over how to swing and throw a rope, so I was able to pick up some pointers to work on at home.

Previous

Return to Northwest Horse Forum