Advertising

Re: Got weather?

Postby horsepeople2001 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:15 am

so how is everybody holding up? In all this smoke and heat?

Postby horsepeople2001 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:24 am

The weather is finally cooling down, thank goodness. so is every one ready for the fall and winter rains? got the areas that could get muddy fixed?blankets washed?Trailer serviced?Fencing fixed/replaced? We have been diligently fixing fencing/gates and sloped areas in and out of the pasture.I am waiting for Olympia to get the budget passed so I can get a brand new manure bin and paddock fencing soon. my sacrifice area is a group area at this time. and we are in need of individual paddocks for the 6 stalls at the barn. The good is our girls get along just fine and don't tear up the stalls. but I am in need of being able to lock them up if need be on an individual basis. still have zero grass in my pasture due to trees and under brush lol. the Equines are making little trails into the brush slowly most are dead ends so During dry weather I hide hay in those dead ends in hopes they will push farther into the bush. lol it is mostly salal and blue huckleberry and downed trees kind tough to walk through for any thing. but slowly taking out the 6inch and under trees helps.

Postby Joan Deutsch on Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:19 pm

Horsepeople, What's the legislation in Olympia that will help you with a bin, etc? Sounds like your place is really coming together. You're an inspiration to those of us who aren't prepared for winter yet!

Postby horsepeople2001 on Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:51 am

Joan Deutsch wrote:Horsepeople, What's the legislation in Olympia that will help you with a bin, etc? Sounds like your place is really coming together. You're an inspiration to those of us who aren't prepared for winter yet!

It is the budget needs to be passed so those of us on the conservation lists can get our grants :) and cost share programs done. We are in a holding pattern while we wait for the politicians. I am not even close to being prepared for any winter, but each year it gets a bit easier and one more thing gets finished. My old manure bin was just t-posts and pallets, it worked but now after a few years of use the pallets are failing.We have a guy now that is thinning our trees for firewood which is nice. Will be more open but that also means more tansy and weed spraying.We also got a new tractor this year with a back ho and have been spending time digging up boulders and making a rock wall in the yard next door so the hill has less of a slope and stays put better. It is the little things that add up over time. Maybe by the time my other half retires it will be done. lol. But for now we write lists of things needing doing and plug along.

Postby hirad2 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:09 pm

Joan Deutsch wrote:Hey Kris, I hope you get in a ride today! Our ground is too frozen and snowy for shodden horses. :( Wow -- I didn't realize you could see Mt. Adams from your place. Can you ever see Mt. Helens or farther north like Rainier or Russia? Ha! :lol: Did you get to see your son for Christmas? I hope you had a nice trip.

Hello, I really appreciate your point of view. I think this is your analysis of questions and concerns
Their unparalleled response to this great forum
نصب پنجره دوجداره

Postby Joan Deutsch on Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:57 pm

This was from Friday and we had more of the same on Sunday. I sure hope the weather cooperates so I can get in some good saddle time. I desperately need to work with Streak and also work on my own skills. :lol:

(edited to correct the day the photo was taken)

Postby EasyGoin on Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:04 pm

It was pretty chilly this morning, 30F. Snowed Friday, and Sunday didn't really stick just made working the barn a bit harder.

Previous

Return to Northwest Horse Forum