Advertising

Re: Got weather?

Postby horsepeople2001 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:15 am

so how is everybody holding up? In all this smoke and heat?

Postby horsepeople2001 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:24 am

The weather is finally cooling down, thank goodness. so is every one ready for the fall and winter rains? got the areas that could get muddy fixed?blankets washed?Trailer serviced?Fencing fixed/replaced? We have been diligently fixing fencing/gates and sloped areas in and out of the pasture.I am waiting for Olympia to get the budget passed so I can get a brand new manure bin and paddock fencing soon. my sacrifice area is a group area at this time. and we are in need of individual paddocks for the 6 stalls at the barn. The good is our girls get along just fine and don't tear up the stalls. but I am in need of being able to lock them up if need be on an individual basis. still have zero grass in my pasture due to trees and under brush lol. the Equines are making little trails into the brush slowly most are dead ends so During dry weather I hide hay in those dead ends in hopes they will push farther into the bush. lol it is mostly salal and blue huckleberry and downed trees kind tough to walk through for any thing. but slowly taking out the 6inch and under trees helps.

Postby Joan Deutsch on Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:19 pm

Horsepeople, What's the legislation in Olympia that will help you with a bin, etc? Sounds like your place is really coming together. You're an inspiration to those of us who aren't prepared for winter yet!

Previous

Return to Northwest Horse Forum