Advertising

Re: O'Reilly Booted from Fox

Postby HawkBowler on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:55 pm

Soggyblogger wrote:Hold on!!!!!!!!! Do NOT put words in my mouth. I NEVER said the media is biased 90/10 liberal vs conservative. Those are your words and your thoughts. I said 90% of what I read about Trump is 90% negative, and that is NOT because of a 90/10 liberal bias, but because Trump is 90% a DISASTER and therefore for the media to portray Trump HONESTLY they naturally run more stories which are negative.

BIG BIG DIFFERENCE. And unless you are way way less intelligent than I had previously thought, you KNEW you were intentionally misrepresenting what I said. What is it? Fess up to either being intentionally misleading or horribly mistaken. I doubt you will even admit your mistake.


I will admit a slight mistake, but you're still doing the dodging. So only when it's Trump does the MSM go 90% negative??? We've never seen the media pile on a new president like Trump, so that could be correct. However, if it were Mitt Romney now instead of Trump, the MSM would still lean mostly liberal. How much? I would say at least 70-80%.

Have to keep in mind that no other candidate has challenged the media like Trump. They're used to having power over politicians... getting them to say and do what they want. Instead, Trump points at them and calls them fake news. And he's right more often than not. This is why he keeps beating them. Trump says something, the MSM immediately says it's false (without evidence), and then it turns out that he was partially if not totally correct.

The MSM tells far more lies than Trump. The MSM has lower credibility than Trump. And ironically, the media is far more thin skinned than Trump is. He reduces them to acting childish, chasing childish angles... crowd size and whining about Trump not denouncing certain people the way they want.
 
Posts: 7935
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 7:46 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: O'Reilly Booted from Fox

Postby HawkBowler on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:22 pm

 
Posts: 7935
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 7:46 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: O'Reilly Booted from Fox

Postby Bo Riley on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:36 pm

Good riddance. He was a fool.

Fox News is mainstream media, by the way. Just for the less intelligent.
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:03 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: O'Reilly Booted from Fox

Postby SeaFreak on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:14 pm

Bowler is saying the media is 90% left biased, but how can that be when 50% of America is watching Fox News?

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-99TDr0_OVOg/ ... gs_WSJ.png

The Republican party relies heavily on MSM to garner votes. Dems don't have a monopoly on that.

I've always thought Bill O'Reily was a moron.
 
Posts: 3899
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:49 pm
Location: Kansas City, MO

Re: O'Reilly Booted from Fox

Postby Grandma Lynn on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:24 pm

HawkBowler wrote:Hot Chocolate comes forward:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/20/bill- ... iew-video/


Hot Chocolate, to me, is not
harassment. By the way, she
is cute.
If she didn't like any of his words,
or grunts, then tell him so! He would
know she could do something about it.
Somehow, not saying anything didn't
work. Maybe I would have gotten in
trouble, but I might have said "Hi, sour
milk". Now that could have started
something bad! For him, I hope!
 
Posts: 10283
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:52 pm
Location: Shoreline, WA

Re: O'Reilly Booted from Fox

Postby Don Gorgon on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:46 am

HawkBowler wrote:
Don Gorgon wrote:and nobody forced FOX to fire him, that was their decision, they looked at their bottom line and decided Bill wasn't going to be an asset, if you want to bitch at someone seems to me your argument is with them


Take it up with FOX? :-)

Their hand was forced. I think the right now should go after their favorite lefty target.... Rachel Maddow or Anderson Cooper. Enough of this picking on conservative heterosexual white male media types. Everyone has skeletons in the closet.

Why do you hate O'Reilly so much?


I don't hate people, I leave that to others, Bill O'Reilly is a smug, arrogant mean spirited bully of a hypocrite, and I would emphasize bully, that is what I dislike the most about him, his arrogant bullying for the amusement of his audience, little humble pie served up to Mr O"Reilly, hope he doesn't choke on it
 
Posts: 41287
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:59 am
Location: balm yard

Re: O'Reilly Booted from Fox

Postby Melvin Bradford on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:13 am

What a racket.....cable shows that is.

They prey upon each other as a pretention to the truth. Puffed up, self righteous, instigators of irrational thought.

Fast food of emotional angst. History is replete with hot air dispensing motor mouths making a name for themselves. 7 figure sinners reveling in the world and all its glitter.

Human nature never changes.
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:29 am
Location: woodland mn

Re: O'Reilly Booted from Fox

Postby HawkBowler on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:50 am

Grandma Lynn wrote:
HawkBowler wrote:Hot Chocolate comes forward:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/20/bill- ... iew-video/


Hot Chocolate, to me, is not
harassment. By the way, she
is cute.
If she didn't like any of his words,
or grunts, then tell him so! He would
know she could do something about it.
Somehow, not saying anything didn't
work. Maybe I would have gotten in
trouble, but I might have said "Hi, sour
milk". Now that could have started
something bad! For him, I hope!


When I was younger, I once had a supervisor that liked to slap me on the ass as I walked down the halls. One day I say to him, "Look, we're not on the basketball court and your hand doesn't belong on my ass." He never did it again. And sadly, I didn't get any money for that. I would gladly take some verbal abuse if it meant a 6 figure payout on the other end.

I don't feel sorry for O'Reilly. I don't feel sorry for these women either that cried all the way to the bank.

In America, we like to point out evil, but we're not very good at meting out justice or compensating victims of crimes. Take 9/11, for example. Worse attack on our country ever, but the families of the victims of that attack were highly compensated. The total payout to date is over $7 Billion. And now they want to sue Saudi Arabia for even more money.

In the time since, we sent thousands of armed service people to their deaths fighting terrorism in the Middle East. The families of those victims of 911 get little or nothing.
 
Posts: 7935
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 7:46 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: O'Reilly Booted from Fox

Postby fanaticalmariner on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:10 am

Good riddance to that POS. He was one of the most evil influences in the country. I wish him nothing but an untimely demise.
 
Posts: 3815
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:08 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: O'Reilly Booted from Fox

Postby Soggyblogger on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:34 am

HawkBowler wrote:
Soggyblogger wrote:Hold on!!!!!!!!! Do NOT put words in my mouth. I NEVER said the media is biased 90/10 liberal vs conservative. Those are your words and your thoughts. I said 90% of what I read about Trump is 90% negative, and that is NOT because of a 90/10 liberal bias, but because Trump is 90% a DISASTER and therefore for the media to portray Trump HONESTLY they naturally run more stories which are negative.

BIG BIG DIFFERENCE. And unless you are way way less intelligent than I had previously thought, you KNEW you were intentionally misrepresenting what I said. What is it? Fess up to either being intentionally misleading or horribly mistaken. I doubt you will even admit your mistake.


I will admit a slight mistake, but you're still doing the dodging. So only when it's Trump does the MSM go 90% negative??? We've never seen the media pile on a new president like Trump, so that could be correct. However, if it were Mitt Romney now instead of Trump, the MSM would still lean mostly liberal. How much? I would say at least 70-80%.

Have to keep in mind that no other candidate has challenged the media like Trump. They're used to having power over politicians... getting them to say and do what they want. Instead, Trump points at them and calls them fake news. And he's right more often than not. This is why he keeps beating them. Trump says something, the MSM immediately says it's false (without evidence), and then it turns out that he was partially if not totally correct.

The MSM tells far more lies than Trump. The MSM has lower credibility than Trump. And ironically, the media is far more thin skinned than Trump is. He reduces them to acting childish, chasing childish angles... crowd size and whining about Trump not denouncing certain people the way they want.


Wow. OK, you admit a SLIGHT mistake. But let's move on. That covers your first paragraph.

Your second paragraph is completely incorrect. Nixon and Agnew attacked the media relentlessly. They had enemies lists, made outlandish comments like the media is entirely a liberal conspiracy, etc. Agreed, Trump took it to another level when he said the media is the "enemy" of America. Which would make Jefferson roll in his grave. He might even rise up as a Zombie and strike Trump down if he could. Proof zombie's don't exist. But don't think President's attacking the press is anything new. None of them like the press much when in office.

Your third paragraph is stupid on its face and on so many different levels. The MSM is thousands of publications. There is no way to compare the MSM with a single individual. So stop with the grandiose overstatements.

There you go. You wrote three paragraphs and made no progress proving the press is somehow this monolithic conspiracy to hate on Trump. Try again.
 
Posts: 2245
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:06 pm
Location: Alaska

PreviousNext

Return to Rant and Rave - Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Melvin Bradford and 2 guests

Advertising