Advertising

Re: Where are the Democrats and Republicans?

Postby Moe Gibbs on Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:01 pm

fanaticalmariner wrote:I had a high draft lottery # in 1971-2 ...... so I went to college ..... I actually ended up w/ a Draft Card registration of IV-D ...... I never got another draft card after 1976.

That's what they all say.
What a surprise...!

Postby fanaticalmariner on Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:30 am

Going thru the military draft during the Vietnam era was not a "cake walk". I got thru it unscathed ..... but I had several friends whose lives were turned upside down.

Postby auroraave on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:16 am

fanaticalmariner on Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:30 am

Going thru the military draft during the Vietnam era was not a "cake walk". I got thru it unscathed ..... but I had several friends whose lives were turned upside down.

Have you found a way to blame Trump for Vietnam? :P

Anyone on here gonna read Hillary's book? This book and her little tour (aka money grabs) will come back to haunt her, IMO. One of the big Hollywood news sites is blasting it - the leftist Hillary-loving media is lashing back at her. The excerpts I've read are mostly bitter tears and finger pointing and a refusal to take real accountability, except for in the most begrudging fashion. This book will ultimately be a big mistake IMO. After such a devastating loss, she should have taken a year or so to decompress and recharge out of the public eye - not write a book that is fueled off her bitter emotions for nothing more than a blatant money grab. I think that's terrible judgement - and indicative of someone who is totally tone deaf to reality. She's showing how disconnected to reality - and the general population - she truly is. That's not a knock on her - it just seems like the truth of it. This book, which puts forever in print her blame-game mentality, may taint whatever positive legacy she is hoping to leave. She should know better. Perhaps this is kind of poor judgement and display of greed is indicative of why she lost the election. This makes me think of Homer Simpson - D'oh!

Postby Grandma Lynn on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:18 pm

I was going to start another subject
that would have been on Hillary.
Auroraave said what I believe most
people think.
I wish she'd go away! She'll never
pay for her "sins" by going to jail.
All talk about it, but we all know it's
not going to happen.
Stupid book! Poor me, it's everybody's
fault, but mine. I''m so sick of her.

Postby glenstar on Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:25 pm

fanaticalmariner wrote:I had a high draft lottery # in 1971-2 ...... so I went to college ..... I actually ended up w/ a Draft Card registration of IV-D ...... I never got another draft card after 1976.

You had a ministerial deferment?

Postby fanaticalmariner on Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:43 pm

I did .....fact ..... I suspect I could get another copy of that draft reg. card ...... always thought it was kinda different.

Postby Grandma Lynn on Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:11 pm

Just read this quote: Short memories of
voter's is what keeps politicians in office.
Will Rogers.

You do know who Will Rogers was, don't
you?

Previous

Return to Rant and Rave - Politics