Advertising

Re: Another great republican

Postby HawkBowler on Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:42 pm

Did you believe the Trump accusers when Gloria Allred rounded them all up during the election? Same thing is happening now.

Postby Soggyblogger on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:39 pm

HawkBowler wrote:
I believe Juanita Broderick when she says that Bill raped her. That's far worse than Moore hitting on high school girls.

As to whether Moore is guilty of the allegations, I don't know if that's true and neither do you. Unless you saw it happen, you're in no place to talk about what people should believe.

So which argument are you using, HBer? That since you and I were not present we cannot comment? Or that you "believe" Juanita Broderick? Whatever happened in that case? Did she file a complaint? Was there an investigation? Were charges brought? Was there a trial? If no criminal penalties, did Juanita Broderick file a civil suit? But you believe her?

And Bill Clinton is not running for Senator of Alabama. And I don't defend Bill Clinton in any case. He was Republican Lite. He did some good things, and he did some awful things, but this is about Roy Moore and his fitness for office. Where stand ye?

Postby HawkBowler on Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:46 pm

Where do you stand? None of Moore's accusers filed complaints, etc, and that was almost four decades ago. If you are going to defend Bill by those measures you should extend the same to Moore.

I have a problem with the politics of personal destruction. It's not about the issues it's about smearing a political opponent.

Gloria Allred traffics in this sort of sleaze. We saw what she tried to do to Trump during the election. I notice you didn't comment on that part. Allred made a concerted effort to go to Alabama and dig these things up. What is her motivation and what did she do to 'organize' the accusers?

Also, Gloria groomed her daughter, Lisa Bloom, to work the same business. Did you know that Bloom offered to pay off Rose McGowan to drop her accusations against Weinstein? What if Gloria also did the same thing in Alabama, paying these accusers to come forward? Would you be okay with that?

As for Moore, I could care less if he becomes a senator. He's sort of a cartoon character with cowboy hat and pistol. However, this election is key because if a Democrat can win Jeff Sessions' old seat, the GOP will be down to a two seat advantage. The Repubs won the majority in the House and Senate, but Trump doesn't actually have a majority given the Never Trumpers like McCain who's against everything he's trying to do. That's another thing, Mitch McConnell and establishment Repubs went hard after Moore, pouring millions into keeping him from getting the nomination. He's a bigger threat to them than the Democrats.

Postby godawgs28 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:56 pm

Reading back through this thread is embarrassing.

The girl was 14. Other girls were of similar age. He was in his late 30's and 40's.

This isnt a 20 year old and a high school girl. There is no defending this sleazeball, and yet here you guys are all because he has an R next to his name.

Disgusting. Democrat, Republican, Independent, doesnt matter.

But like Trump said: I could stroll down 5th avenue and shoot someone and not lose any voters. Sounds like that extends to douchebags like Moore. Apparently even preying on 14 year old girls can be rationalized away for those in the Republican party.

Cmon guys, you are better than this. For those of you with daughters, imagine this guy sauntering up next to her outside the middle school and then tell me it's ok.

Postby godawgs28 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:04 pm

D-Trains wrote:
godawgs28 wrote:Roy Moore.

But hey, fellow Alabama republicans think its ok because......well Mary and Joseph...

http://time.com/5017940/roy-moore-sexua ... m-ziegler/

Flat out embarrassing. The girl was 14.

Sick. Hope the repubs with a brain step up to the plate against those hillbillies down there.

wtf does it have to do with being Republican? Did you post another great Democrat when Weinstein was outed?

dt

Because of the horrendous reaction. His republican peers in Alabama, with a straight face, are trying to convince us preying on or molesting a 14 year girls is ok because......Joeseph and Mary and Jesus....... :shock:

Sorry, I can't imagine that going down or being remotely condoned in a state like Washington or New York. For all of the democrats faults and stupidity, I can't imagine a reciprocal statement being tolerated like it would be in a state like Alabama.

And yeah, Weinstein is a douche. Never claimed Repubs had the market cornered. But if and when a Dem molests a child and is supported by his peers because of......Mary and Joeseph....I'll promise to call them out too.

Postby fanaticalmariner on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:57 pm

No one with a modest backbone or an ounce of integrity is supporting Roy Moore.

Of course the Seattle Times forum lowlife is supporting a sexual predator ..... HB is probably feeling persecuted because he feels like Roy Moore is a good person ...... even if everyone with a brain is saying otherwise.

Postby Soggyblogger on Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:21 pm

HawkBowler wrote:Where do you stand? None of Moore's accusers filed complaints, etc, and that was almost four decades ago. If you are going to defend Bill by those measures you should extend the same to Moore.

I never defended Bill, I just question the accusation's validity because it is not corroborated while Moore's accusers are. But this isn't WHATABOUTBILL it is about a guy running for office. Not a guy out of office entirely. And just because others have misbehaved doesn't excuse Moore's behavior which was much more than once, It was serial.

I have a problem with the politics of personal destruction. It's not about the issues it's about smearing a political opponent.

What a joke, HBer. You smear anyone and everyone whenever it serves your purpose. Smearing people is your thing. You've latched onto every conceivable conspiracy theory Hannity can cook up and spread it around like wildfire. Also, the truth is not smearing

That's another thing, Mitch McConnell and establishment Repubs went hard after Moore, pouring millions into keeping him from getting the nomination. He's a bigger threat to them than the Democrats.

That's funny that you don't understand WHY Moore is a "bigger threat to them than the Democrats". It's because he is toxic. There is apparently a limit to some people's sense of decency and who should be representing them in Congress. But still, Moore may still get elected. Politics before morality. I guess the "Moral Majority" may not all be quite as moral as they pretend.

Postby fanaticalmariner on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:05 pm

At this point I suspect the Republican majority in Alabama will not vote for Roy Moore ...... that Doug Jones will be elected ...... but if Moore is some how elected to the Senate ..... he'll be removed within a week or so ...... thru a Senate ethics vote by a 67% majority vote.

Postby Grandma Lynn on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:05 pm

fanaticalmariner wrote:At this point I suspect the Republican majority in Alabama will not vote for Roy Moore ...... that Doug Jones will be elected ...... but if Moore is some how elected to the Senate ..... he'll be removed within a week or so ...... thru a Senate ethics vote by a 67% majority vote.

If elected:
Then if he is removed, the Republican's
will be able to put in another Republican?

Postby fanaticalmariner on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:57 pm

Alabama would have to hold another run-off election ..... Moore could enter that as well but would likely not be the Repugliklan winning nominee to run against Doug Jones.

I don't believe the voting Alabama Repugliklans are morally bankrupt enough that they will elect Roy Moore in about 3 weeks.

PreviousNext

Return to Rant and Rave - Politics