Advertising

Fake News Report

Postby Soggyblogger on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:02 am

I especially want grandma to read this, and get back to me. There are lots and lots of FACTS which prove my points about various right wing sites which regularly spew out false and misleading stories contributing to the DE-EDUCATION of America.


https://www.salon.com/2018/01/12/fake-n ... n-whining/
 
Posts: 3789
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:06 pm
Location: Alaska

Re: Fake News Report

Postby HawkBowler on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:27 am

Oh Soggy, I'm worried about you, seriously. You do realize that you're receiving highly partisan news from Salon, right?

Do you know why they published this article today?

I do... they're trying to combat the huge bombshell news that Google was targeting conservative web sites:

https://gizmodo.com/conservatives-are-n ... 1821934885

Don't expect Salon to talk about that. The same things are happening with Facebook and Twitter. We don't have a problem with conservative misinformation and censorship, it's the liberal media that's gone of the rails with fake news. In the case of social media it's especially scary because they have more information on Americans than the federal government. All these companies are run by liberal globalists and they have a goal of stamping out conservative opinion.
 
Posts: 14822
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 7:46 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Fake News Report

Postby Soggyblogger on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:18 pm

HawkBowler wrote:
Do you know why they published this article today?

I do... they're trying to combat the huge bombshell news that Google was targeting conservative web sites:

https://gizmodo.com/conservatives-are-n ... 1821934885

Don't expect Salon to talk about that. The same things are happening with Facebook and Twitter. We don't have a problem with conservative misinformation and censorship, it's the liberal media that's gone of the rails with fake news. In the case of social media it's especially scary because they have more information on Americans than the federal government. All these companies are run by liberal globalists and they have a goal of stamping out conservative opinion.


My bold....which is FALSE, and incidentally shows you didn't actually read the article since they did EXACTLY what you said they WON'T DO. They talked quite a lot on that subject actually.

The article also called out The Daily Caller which you love to quote as being a HUGE offender. It's all about the money as you would know if you read the article. Conservatives are largely in it for the money. Go back and actually read the article, HBer.... I am never worried about you, as I can predict every position you will take regardless of the facts. Please stop with your pitiful "Oh, soggy, I am so surprised .... or worried ... or whatever ..." LOL at YOU.
 
Posts: 3789
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:06 pm
Location: Alaska

Re: Fake News Report

Postby HawkBowler on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:55 pm

Stop, you're hurting my feelings.

Alright, you made me read the Salon article, are you happy? Trying to show good faith here, Soggy, which I don't think you do on your end. I'm usually the one providing links when it comes to our debates. You usually don't do that. I even tailor the links to account for your bias from places like WaPo, NY Times and even CNN. Even though they come from your trusted sources, you ignore the information.

Back to your article...

The longer-term argument on this subject may have some merit: Journalists have long been much more likely to be secular, urban and Democratic than the average American. But Lieberman’s particular analysis is incomplete and factually wrong.

The most glaring flaw in Lieberman’s attack on Google is that the company has deliberately abdicated employee involvement in determining what sorts of articles show up on search results. In fact, Google explicitly allows any website to designate particular articles as fact-check pieces by utilizing certain XML code in its pages.

While the submitted articles are not guaranteed to show up in results, Google’s stated policy errs on the side of openness toward outlets that wish to engage in fact-checking. The only way such a website can be removed from consideration is if it's deemed in violation of Google’s publicly accessible guidelines, which include clear writing, citation of primary sources and transparency regarding methodology and sourcing. Humans are never involved in this process unless Google receives a complaint that a site has been violating its rules for fact-checkers.


The problem up front is Google's decision to 'fact check' in the first place. Who are they to decide, and how do they decide? We don't know.... we just have to trust Google.... the most powerful company now that the world has ever known.

This article is like a Snopes piece. The author doesn't present a balanced argument, and he ignores vital information that has come to light. It's not only conservative sites that are reporting Google's bias, I provided a gizmodo article as well. Also.... this isn't the first time that Google has been busted trying to filter results, they also did it during the election and Trump's early presidency. In fact, humor me for a second, go to google and type in 'Republican Healthcare Bill'. If your results are like mine, you will see that the top nine search results are all negative towards the plan, while being positive towards Obamacare. You have to go all the way down to #10 before you arrive at the Washingtonexaminer.com that gives a positive spin, while also being balanced to give the other side.

It's too bad that Google doesn't have a real fact checker, maybe then they would be able to expose the worst fake news cycle in the history of our country - the false flag Russian collusion story. The sites mentioned by the author... none of them have had to retract stories the way Wapo, MSNBC and CNN have had to do. We've received a ridiculous number of false stories from the Main Stream Media, and the primary reason is that they have been running anonymous sourced material that was provided by Hillary and Barry people. Anonymous people launching political attacks from a place of anonymity. How convenient? Even more, the MSM doesn't even question their motives.... it's all about attacking Trump.

The biggest fake news notion that you're chewing is that conservatives believed fake news and that's why they didn't vote for Hillary. The Russians lied to them. You don't actually believe this do you? It's not the conservatives who have been feasting on fake new, it's liberals. The MSM is keeping you with low information, they are making you fearful of going to other sources, they are lying to you.

I refuse to do that to you Soggy. :D
 
Posts: 14822
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 7:46 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Fake News Report

Postby Soggyblogger on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:03 pm

I did read the last paragraph of your latest delusional post, and here it is:...but first (I'm editing my post at this point) I read your whole post now, and that quote you used is so out of context it is unbelievable. Just that one paragraph is, though, an example of honest journalism, which one doesn't get very often from The Daily Caller, and Breitbart.

"The biggest fake news notion that you're chewing is that conservatives believed fake news and that's why they didn't vote for Hillary. The Russians lied to them. You don't actually believe this do you? It's not the conservatives who have been feasting on fake new, it's liberals. The MSM is keeping you with low information, they are making you fearful of going to other sources, they are lying to you."

LOL. Really, your claims are all tinfoil hat worthy. And this article does show that conservatives lap up Fake News. They actually use "Fake News" to get more clicks out of conservative audiences. But, and I really want you to hear me on this: Hillary is irrelevant and even if we impeached Trump or better yet, got a do over, Hillary would not be the Democratic nominee.

As to the MSM keeping me with low information, then this conspiracy counts millions in on it. Literally millions are involved because it spreads world wide. I get news from China. I read from the British press. I see Canadian headlines. Who is hiding this information? No one. The Daily Caller? They don't exercise editorial control over their writers, and they don't ask their writers to limit themselves to the truth. Below, is the articles discussion of some of that:

“Our policy is to accept all organizations that meet the terms of our code,” the group said in a December press release announcing that it had accepted a membership application from the Weekly Standard, a conservative magazine. “The verification applies exclusively to the fact-checking unit or project being assessed — not to any journalism work conducted by a parent organization.”

That the Standard’s articles are now showing up in Google fact-checking results illustrates another point against Lieberman’s conclusions: There are many conservative media organizations whose Google results do not feature Reviewed Claims. Beyond the Standard, searches for the Washington Examiner, the Washington Times, the American Spectator, Fox News Channel, the Washington Free Beacon, National Review, the Daily Signal and Townhall.com did not return fact-checking flags in results.

There is a good reason for this: Those publications do not regularly engage in fabricating news or running stories that are poorly sourced and ultimately prove to be false. While liberal readers are certain to find analysis and reporting that they strongly disagree with or believe to be incorrect on those sites, their journalism standards (with the possible exception of Fox News) are significantly more professional than those of the partisan sensationalists at Breitbart or the fake-news writers at Conservative Tribune.

The same thing is true of the left-leaning websites Lieberman argues should be flagged by Google. All of them, except the community forum Daily Kos, feature articles which are subject to editorial review, written and published by people with professional journalism experience or training.

Though Lieberman and his colleagues may not like it, it’s not exactly a surprise that Google users looking up the Daily Caller would be automatically referred to debunking articles.

While the site has has hired some quality journalists over the years, it has also employed dubious characters with ties to white nationalism, and hasn't necessarily dumped them after they were exposed as such. In fact, Lieberman’s article is accompanied by a video anchored by Martina Markota, a former stripper and burlesque dancer who has many associations with the racist “alt-right” movement. The site was also once the platform of Chuck C. Johnson, now a white nationalist who published several blatantly inaccurate stories on the site, including a 2014 article accusing a New York Times reporter of having been arrested for exhibitionism, based on a parody article.

“If TheDC is guilty of a sin, it is the sin of being willing to let all sorts of eccentric people write for them,” Daily Beast blogger Matt Lewis wrote about his former employer in an essay that discussed the Caller’s mixed identity and willingness to accept content from pretty much anyone.

It’s also no surprise that Breitbart News, the former home of Steve Bannon — which has also promoted blatant racism and false conspiracy theories — would be flagged by Google’s fact-checking partners.
 
Posts: 3789
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:06 pm
Location: Alaska

Re: Fake News Report

Postby HawkBowler on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:45 pm

As to the MSM keeping me with low information, then this conspiracy counts millions in on it. Literally millions are involved because it spreads world wide. I get news from China. I read from the British press. I see Canadian headlines. Who is hiding this information? No one. The Daily Caller? They don't exercise editorial control over their writers, and they don't ask their writers to limit themselves to the truth. Below, is the articles discussion of some of that:


Give me one fake news story from Breitbart, Dailycaller or Fox.

I can give you dozens from the MSM.

The MSM doesn't employ millions of people. The core group of media outlets making up the MSM are run by only six companies. The TV pundits are a small group of people who all think alike and say the same things. Same with the reporters at NY Times, Wapo ect. There's an agenda to destroy Trump that's handed from the top down... you report this... and use these spins, they tell their reporters.

You don't consume the news. You consume a narrative.

The narrative is wrong. Putin didn't cause Hillary to lose.... she did that all on her own. The narrative is not only wrong, it comes from the people who themselves have colluded with Russia.

I feel like you're stuck in North Korea and I'm trying to tell you that Kim Jon Un is not a demigod. You're totally brainwashed.

Enjoy the bubble while it lasts.... probably another week or so. Your favorite blue team members are going to jail. The causes and consequences are already in motion. The entire world thinks we're idiots right now, and you're not helping the situation by being uninformed and partisan. Barry and Hillary are two of the most corrupt politicians we've ever had, and they're putting our country through this BS for their own personal power.
 
Posts: 14822
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 7:46 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Fake News Report

Postby Grandma Lynn on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:14 pm

Soggyblogger wrote:I especially want grandma to read this, and get back to me. There are lots and lots of FACTS which prove my points about various right wing sites which regularly spew out false and misleading stories contributing to the DE-EDUCATION of America.


https://www.salon.com/2018/01/12/fake-n ... n-whining/


People should use their minds and read
and check and decide what is fake news.
Fox News has been giving us true news.
If for some reason they are incorrect, they
would let us know and correct it.
As far as the conservatives "whining", the
only whining I've heard is from the liberals.
 
Posts: 11174
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:52 pm
Location: Shoreline, WA

Re: Fake News Report

Postby Soggyblogger on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:24 pm

Grandma Lynn wrote:
Soggyblogger wrote:I especially want grandma to read this, and get back to me. There are lots and lots of FACTS which prove my points about various right wing sites which regularly spew out false and misleading stories contributing to the DE-EDUCATION of America.


https://www.salon.com/2018/01/12/fake-n ... n-whining/


People should use their minds and read
and check and decide what is fake news.
Fox News has been giving us true news.
If for some reason they are incorrect, they
would let us know and correct it.
As far as the conservatives "whining", the
only whining I've heard is from the liberals.


As for the "whining" that is explained in the story, and supported with evidence from interviews with various conservative journalists. Some who are giving up because the readers won't stand for the truth anymore. They'd rather read lies and conspiracy theories. Most of the "journalists" give them what they want.

Fox is so invested in defending Trump they have turned into pure PROPAGANDA and have essentially lost their credentials as JOURNALISTS. They have one honest guy and I don't think his job with Fox will last much longer. Fox will spend a few seconds reporting whatever event that is shaping the news that day, and then rant on and on with explanations and counter attacking the "normal" journalistic position. Trump's latest childish outburst about sh*thole countries is a prime example. Watch PBS or anything but Fox and it is handled quite differently.

I can see why the radical conservatives have to attack the MSM as if they were one big conspiracy because if there ISN'T a huge conspiracy why is Fox so so different?
 
Posts: 3789
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:06 pm
Location: Alaska

Re: Fake News Report

Postby Grandma Lynn on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:33 pm

I knew that would get you riled up, mentioning
Fox News! :lol:

I stand by my beliefs and you can stand by
yours. Nothing I say could change you, and
vice versa.
 
Posts: 11174
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:52 pm
Location: Shoreline, WA

Re: Fake News Report

Postby Soggyblogger on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:20 am

HawkBowler wrote:
As to the MSM keeping me with low information, then this conspiracy counts millions in on it. Literally millions are involved because it spreads world wide. I get news from China. I read from the British press. I see Canadian headlines. Who is hiding this information? No one. The Daily Caller? They don't exercise editorial control over their writers, and they don't ask their writers to limit themselves to the truth. Below, is the articles discussion of some of that:


Give me one fake news story from Breitbart, Dailycaller or Fox.

I can give you dozens from the MSM.

The MSM doesn't employ millions of people. The core group of media outlets making up the MSM are run by only six companies. The TV pundits are a small group of people who all think alike and say the same things. Same with the reporters at NY Times, Wapo ect. There's an agenda to destroy Trump that's handed from the top down... you report this... and use these spins, they tell their reporters.

You don't consume the news. You consume a narrative.

The narrative is wrong. Putin didn't cause Hillary to lose.... she did that all on her own. The narrative is not only wrong, it comes from the people who themselves have colluded with Russia.

I feel like you're stuck in North Korea and I'm trying to tell you that Kim Jon Un is not a demigod. You're totally brainwashed.

Enjoy the bubble while it lasts.... probably another week or so. Your favorite blue team members are going to jail. The causes and consequences are already in motion. The entire world thinks we're idiots right now, and you're not helping the situation by being uninformed and partisan. Barry and Hillary are two of the most corrupt politicians we've ever had, and they're putting our country through this BS for their own personal power.


One week till the bubble bursts? What is exactly going to happen? I remember you telling us Sally Yates was going to jail, and told us the time was very very close. When one conspiracy fails to materialize on time, you just move to the next conspiracy. I think you have told us about three or four which were about to "unfold" and none of them ever comes to pass.

I've been saying the Russians attacked our Democracy for over a year, and what has happened? More and more evidence keeps piling up. And what did you say? You said there was no Russian attack. You deny it all. Yet, a year later Sally Yates is still free and the Russian story keeps gaining more and more evidence.

But as usual, you change the narrative. You say, "Putin didn't cause Hillary to lose...." but the issue is not if Putin caused Hillary to lose, but did Putin ATTEMPT to disrupt our election? You say no? Can I get an answer? Did Putin and Russia interfere in our election?
 
Posts: 3789
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:06 pm
Location: Alaska

Next

Return to Rant and Rave - Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Advertising