Advertising

Re: Why I Turned Off the News - A Long Time Ago

Postby Grandma Lynn on Mon May 14, 2018 7:31 pm

auroraave wrote:So since there seems to be a groundswell of support for this - you do understand that this means you are supporting Trump policies, right? So, for the ilk that have been running around calling him and anyone who disagrees with the libtards "Nazi's" and "Hitler" - this literally makes you a Nazi and a Hitler supporter - right? DO the math - you are supporting Trump policies - therefore you are exactly the people you have been raging against.
It's also quite peculiar how none of the extremist libtards who hate Trump, yet apparently support his policies - didn't start a thread on how much they like this policy. weird! Hypocrites are funny.

I don't trust NK - there's more to this - such as they can no longer even do nuke tests apparently as their test site has collapsed. What does this do for the people of NK?

Just wondering, did the NK test site
or sites? collapse on their own? So
then they say that THEY did it on
purpose, to show their good faith. :roll:

Postby Soggyblogger on Tue May 15, 2018 7:14 am

auroraave wrote:So since there seems to be a groundswell of support for this - you do understand that this means you are supporting Trump policies, right? So, for the ilk that have been running around calling him and anyone who disagrees with the libtards "Nazi's" and "Hitler" - this literally makes you a Nazi and a Hitler supporter - right? DO the math - you are supporting Trump policies - therefore you are exactly the people you have been raging against.
It's also quite peculiar how none of the extremist libtards who hate Trump, yet apparently support his policies - didn't start a thread on how much they like this policy. weird! Hypocrites are funny.

I don't trust NK - there's more to this - such as they can no longer even do nuke tests apparently as their test site has collapsed. What does this do for the people of NK?

Do the math? I don't see any math. Are you speaking in tongues? Your LOGIC is lacking. Is that what you mean by math? According to you, if I oppose Trump IN GENERAL then I must oppose every single policy initiative he proposes. Hmmm, is that logical?

And somehow, supporting one policy turns into the plural of policy. "It's also quite peculiar how none of the extremist libtards who hate Trump, yet apparently support his policies - didn't start a thread on how much they like this policy. weird! Hypocrites are funny." :roll:

So progressives are hypocrites because we didn't start a thread in favor of a policy we might support in principle but doubt a positive outcome? And support for diplomacy (which has been a stated policy choice for most Americans all along and not just liberals) then that morphs into us supporting every policy Trump proposes? Or at least more than just this one?

A few months ago, Trump was telling Rex Tillerson to stop wasting his time with diplomacy. I opposed that idea. Now, Trump supports diplomacy, and I still support diplomacy, but since Trump has embraced diplomacy am I supposed to change MY position because Trump has changed his 180 degrees? And if you believe that, then why would you call me a hypocrite?

There is absolutely no winning against your arguments or logic. Only your positions are ever without flaw. And if your logic is illogical that raises no red flags for you.

Hey, want something illuminating to read?

https://www.salon.com/2018/04/28/what-t ... fake-news/

Maybe this article will explain yourself to yourself.

Postby auroraave on Wed May 16, 2018 1:56 pm

lol!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/15/worl ... ion=origin

Of course this happens. lol! Likely scenario -- Kim Jung, desperate to get crippling sanctions repealed because his country has no money -- he cannot afford to continue to feed their nuclear ambitions and his lavish lifestyle -- agrees to 'talks' in an effort to appease the US as an inducement to repeal sanctions - not for political reasons but strictly for economic --so Kim goes through the motions. Then the inner circle of Party influencers, or the military, give him push back, possibly attempting to usurp Kim's hold on power or get him back in line. Could be a sudden fear that cooperating with the US will compromise his power base internally and/or in the court of public opinion -- so he does this. Predictably unpredictable. Kim is the figure head, but there is a behind the scenes faction that controls the country - I believe he is a figure head and not the ultimate power source. Military probably runs the show in concert with old-school hardliners. First Kim is "ok" with the already-arranged joint military maneuvers, then he uses them as an excuse to suddenly back out. Classic NK move.

I give Trump credit for trying, but I just do not trust anything that comes out of NK. This was inevitable - hence my apprehension about the legitimacy of this from the beginning. Just makes no sense they suddenly 'play ball' unless Kim finally understands his isolation can be permanent and having a nuke is not an income generating move. Those dudes be broke. NK wants attention from the US - all in an effort to get sanctions dropped - it has always been their M.O. Problem is they are a rogue state - they cannot be trusted on their word.

Side note -- great news -- the senate just passed a measure to repeal the net neutrality rollback! Now it's off to the House. Unfortunately, it's expected that the GOP will not pass it. There are a lot of pending legal challenges in Federal court, so fingers crossed.

Postby Soggyblogger on Wed May 16, 2018 9:00 pm

auroraave wrote:lol!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/15/worl ... ion=origin

Of course this happens. lol! Likely scenario -- Kim Jung, desperate to get crippling sanctions repealed because his country has no money -- he cannot afford to continue to feed their nuclear ambitions and his lavish lifestyle -- agrees to 'talks' in an effort to appease the US as an inducement to repeal sanctions - not for political reasons but strictly for economic --so Kim goes through the motions. Then the inner circle of Party influencers, or the military, give him push back, possibly attempting to usurp Kim's hold on power or get him back in line. Could be a sudden fear that cooperating with the US will compromise his power base internally and/or in the court of public opinion -- so he does this. Predictably unpredictable. Kim is the figure head, but there is a behind the scenes faction that controls the country - I believe he is a figure head and not the ultimate power source. Military probably runs the show in concert with old-school hardliners. First Kim is "ok" with the already-arranged joint military maneuvers, then he uses them as an excuse to suddenly back out. Classic NK move.

I give Trump credit for trying, but I just do not trust anything that comes out of NK. This was inevitable - hence my apprehension about the legitimacy of this from the beginning. Just makes no sense they suddenly 'play ball' unless Kim finally understands his isolation can be permanent and having a nuke is not an income generating move. Those dudes be broke. NK wants attention from the US - all in an effort to get sanctions dropped - it has always been their M.O. Problem is they are a rogue state - they cannot be trusted on their word.

Side note -- great news -- the senate just passed a measure to repeal the net neutrality rollback! Now it's off to the House. Unfortunately, it's expected that the GOP will not pass it. There are a lot of pending legal challenges in Federal court, so fingers crossed.

I am not surprised by this move... is anyone? I have heard nothing to suggest Kim is a figurehead, though, but anything is possible in such a tightly controlled state. Yes, NK is doing this entirely for economic reasons, and China is no doubt encouraging them to give up their nukes which threaten China as well as Russia and everyone.

Net neutrality is important, but there is no imminent danger to the current system. Vote Democrat if you want to protect Net neutrality for the long term.

There is a small percentage of average citizens who oppose Net Neutrality or a diplomatic solution to NK. Military solutions lead to a lot of uncertainty about the future of human civilization as we know it.

Postby HawkBowler on Thu May 17, 2018 7:47 am

auroraave wrote:Side note -- great news -- the senate just passed a measure to repeal the net neutrality rollback! Now it's off to the House. Unfortunately, it's expected that the GOP will not pass it. There are a lot of pending legal challenges in Federal court, so fingers crossed.

What changed in 2015 that made it necessary for the net neutrality law? Also, what is the big danger in going back to the internet of 2014? Did we see wide spread abuse by the ISP companies? The internet seemed to be working just fine.

This isn't about helping the little guy, it's about government control of the internet. Any time we receive a simple explanation like we've been given we should be suspicious. Also, it doesn't help that all the big tech companies were in favor of Obama's law. Was that out of the goodness of their hearts or did they see the new law as way to hold and expand their power over the internet?

Postby auroraave on Thu May 17, 2018 9:46 am

Just wondering, did the NK test site
or sites? collapse on their own? So
then they say that THEY did it on
purpose, to show their good faith. :roll:

I read an allegation that their test site is now unusable - so since they cannot test anymore, why not 'play ball' and try to get sanctions lifted. I cannot confirm it's legitimacy, but it would be a perfect motivator to make some lemonade out of the situation. NK has never sought out peace - so you have to wonder what their real motivation is here. If they cannot test bombs and use that as a bargaining chip (they want a seat at the big boys table - everyone knows and understands this, but they are rejected outright), they may as well try to make money and look for political leverage via faux peace treaties that could lift sanctions. Makes sense.

Postby HawkBowler on Wed May 23, 2018 7:14 am

Previous

Return to Rant and Rave - Politics