Advertising

Re: Why I Turned Off the News - A Long Time Ago

Postby HawkBowler on Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:58 am

Postby auroraave on Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:46 pm

How's everyone feeling about trump and North Korea? I don't like this at all. Keep NK isolated - do NOT give them a seat at the table. can't be trusted.

Postby Grandma Lynn on Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:23 pm

Trumps know N.K. can't be trusted.
Let's hope something good comes
out of this. No one knows.
What's wrong with Trump trying?

Postby auroraave on Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:39 am

NK's ONLY chip on the global table is their nuke capabilities, or the threat of them. if you think they have ANY intention of abandoning the program or eliminating them, I have some bridges to sell you. It is ALL they have. Even if Kim was sincere in his desire to actually evolve, and that is debatable, the old school hard liners would NEVER make real concessions - not only would they lose their only bargaining chip, they would lose power and respect within their own party. It amazes me that people do not have the ability to look at the bigger picture or actually THINK beyond the headlines. NK is the mob. Do you honestly think the mob are just gonna lay down their weapons? C'mon. Trump should've stayed away, kept them isolated. We gain nothing from this. Nothing. baffles me how people don't get this.

Postby HawkBowler on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:26 am

NK's ONLY chip on the global table is their nuke capabilities, or the threat of them. if you think they have ANY intention of abandoning the program or eliminating them, I have some bridges to sell you. It is ALL they have. Even if Kim was sincere in his desire to actually evolve, and that is debatable, the old school hard liners would NEVER make real concessions - not only would they lose their only bargaining chip, they would lose power and respect within their own party. It amazes me that people do not have the ability to look at the bigger picture or actually THINK beyond the headlines. NK is the mob. Do you honestly think the mob are just gonna lay down their weapons? C'mon. Trump should've stayed away, kept them isolated. We gain nothing from this. Nothing. baffles me how people don't get this.

I'm baffled by your post, aurora.

Are you saying we should go back in time to where Trump and Kim are trading threats?

Nonsense. The threats from North Korea were actually veiled calls for help. Kim's regime could not continue on the same path, especially after China started backing Trump in the matter.

Everything that is happening right now is positive and waaaay better than the alternative. Your argument is for the status quo that did nothing while the DPRK built their nuke program to where they could actually hit the continental US. Kick the can down the road diplomacy.

Trump made a startling announcement today that the MSM is completely ignoring. The US no longer faces the threat of nuclear strike from North Korea. That wasn't the case just couple of months ago.

Winning!

MAGA!

Postby Melvin Bradford on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:31 am

GoPro

Postby HawkBowler on Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:52 am

Postby auroraave on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:20 pm

So... what are we raging about today, my fellow Americans? People illegally crossing our borders? The mistreatment of folks on death row? The Russians? What's good to rage about?

Oh, I have a question - for those folks that want open borders - are you cool with the M13 folks, all their ilk, and terrorists from other countries taking advantage of that system? By the way - no one seems to be able to answer the simplest question of all - if folks weren't coming here illegally, all this dastardly "separation" drama wouldn't be happening in the first place... right? Why is it never looked at that way? How about... don't break the law and bad sh*t won't happen. OMG - what a concept!! That always seems to get lost on the sheeple.

Postby HawkBowler on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:58 pm

auroraave wrote: By the way - no one seems to be able to answer the simplest question of all - if folks weren't coming here illegally, all this dastardly "separation" drama wouldn't be happening in the first place... right?

The dramatic shift in policy is fascinating. Everyone from Obama to Hillary to even Bernie is on tape talking about the need to enforce the border. They also questioned the morality of parents sending their children unaccompanied over the board. This was a big problem shortly after Obama announced DACA. That's when the business of child trafficking began.

What's frustrating for me is that neither the left nor the right is talking about the money. Why is that? These Mexican drug cartels are the real authority at the border. If you want to sneak across illegally you have to do it through them. And it's not cheap, up to $15k. Most Americans can't afford that. How are these poor migrants, mostly coming from Honduras and Nicaragua... how are they able to pay their way through Mexico let alone the cartel once they get there?

The left is still presenting the false image of poor migrant families wondering the desert... and all they want to do is pick our strawberries. The cruelty!

But take the recent Time cover as just one example. Trump looking down on the crying girl. 1) the girl wasn't separated from her mother and 2) the mother wasn't escaping persecution or even poverty for that matter. Her husband was a highly paid captain for where they live. She was planning to go to America to make money and send it home. She had already done this previously.

Postby Bo Riley on Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:22 pm

auroraave wrote:So... what are we raging about today, my fellow Americans? People illegally crossing our borders? The mistreatment of folks on death row? The Russians? What's good to rage about?

Oh, I have a question - for those folks that want open borders - are you cool with the M13 folks, all their ilk, and terrorists from other countries taking advantage of that system? By the way - no one seems to be able to answer the simplest question of all - if folks weren't coming here illegally, all this dastardly "separation" drama wouldn't be happening in the first place... right? Why is it never looked at that way? How about... don't break the law and bad sh*t won't happen. OMG - what a concept!! That always seems to get lost on the sheeple.

MS-13 was built in Los Angeles. The worst “criminals and rapists” are actually US citizens.

PreviousNext

Return to Rant and Rave - Politics