Advertising

Re: Caravan

Postby HawkBowler on Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:55 am

SeaFreak wrote:I'm just saying you don't need warfare to invent things. The idea that we wouldn't have any cool inventions without warfare is a stupid idea. We focus on warfare, so it ends up this way.

Look, SeaFreak, I just explained it to you above in no uncertain terms. It's OBVIOUS that science has been driven by warfare. The necessity you talk about is the need to not get killed.

Think of any invention you like... it was either invented with a military aim or it was quickly coopted for military aim and then advanced for that purpose. Look at Leonardo Divinci... he didn't get to invent whatever the f^ck he wanted, no, he was told by the king what to invent. He came up with prototypes for the first cannons, machine guns, and even a tank.

Postby HawkBowler on Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:14 pm

The invention of radio provided a new advancement in warfare. Now instead of sending a man on horse to the troops and back, communications could be relayed instantly. However, this created another problem -- the enemy could also receive those radio waves so a new science of encryption began. This spawned the counter science of code breaking and analytics. All of this started 100 years ago during world war one.

Wireless communication, encryption and analytics are now part of our daily life. Cyber security has now become one of the biggest risks we face. We own the seas with the US Navy. Our nuclear defenses are the best in the world. Our ability to spy from space is second to none. But we have problems on the cyber end. Even weak countries like North Korea are messing with us. So what does the US government and Pentagon do? They hire Jeff Bezos and Amazon to bring us to a new level of military security. Amazon will now safeguard our highest military secrets going forward.

Postby Moe Gibbs on Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:19 pm

In a past life I was an eagle that enjoyed a 10 mile radius of hunting territory that this hungry predator could call my own. My quality of life and personal freedom was unparalleled.
For Seafreak, he was happy to be Shrimp #987,996,347 in a school of 1,000,000,000 shrimp that got scooped up one day in just one gulp by a hungry Killer Whale......... :lol:

Postby Grandma Lynn on Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:36 pm

Will Mexico's new president be
helpful to the U.S.?
Read some of his leftist promises
and actually some don't sound so
bad!
Times had a long article on him.
Seems he wants to clean the country
up. Good luck!

Postby Bo Riley on Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:38 am

We do not need warfare and continued dump of $$ into our military to build new things. Some positive inventions have come out of war but that doesn't mean it is the only way to innovate and advance as a society and species.

If we invest more in education and healthcare we will create far greater technology advancements and value than trying to have the biggest army. Trump is all about "my d*ck is bigger than your d*ck" and that does not get us anywhere.

If I had been drafted in my younger days, I may have accidentally thrown a grenade the wrong way.

Postby Grandma Lynn on Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:24 pm

Bo Riley wrote:We do not need warfare and continued dump of $$ into our military to build new things. Some positive inventions have come out of war but that doesn't mean it is the only way to innovate and advance as a society and species.

If we invest more in education and healthcare we will create far greater technology advancements and value than trying to have the biggest army. Trump is all about "my d*ck is bigger than your d*ck" and that does not get us anywhere.

If I had been drafted in my younger days, I may have accidentally thrown a grenade the wrong way.

Yes, these school boy antics DO get us somewhere.
Sometimes you have to lower yourself to be
understood! Like with rocket boy.....

Postby HawkBowler on Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:03 am

Postby SeaFreak on Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:14 pm

HawkBowler wrote:
SeaFreak wrote:I'm just saying you don't need warfare to invent things. The idea that we wouldn't have any cool inventions without warfare is a stupid idea. We focus on warfare, so it ends up this way.

Look, SeaFreak, I just explained it to you above in no uncertain terms. It's OBVIOUS that science has been driven by warfare. The necessity you talk about is the need to not get killed.

Think of any invention you like... it was either invented with a military aim or it was quickly coopted for military aim and then advanced for that purpose. Look at Leonardo Divinci... he didn't get to invent whatever the f^ck he wanted, no, he was told by the king what to invent. He came up with prototypes for the first cannons, machine guns, and even a tank.

What about the piano? Was it invented by the military?

Science is not driven by warfare..,. that's an idiotic comment. Maybe you could say warfare has been driven by science. Discovery and invention can come from anywhere. When a botanist discovers a new type of plant in the rain forest, that doesn't have to be a military operation. In other words, we don't need the military to make discovery and technological breakthrough... seems like a straight forward concept to me. Crediting warfare for invention seems like a total stretch and rationalization.

Postby Mega Web Design on Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:24 am

Thanks,
Best Custom Website Development service by Mega Web Design.

Postby Moe Gibbs on Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:23 pm

SeaFreak wrote:
HawkBowler wrote:

What about the piano? Was it invented by the military?

Science is not driven by warfare..,. that's an idiotic comment. Maybe you could say warfare has been driven by science. Discovery and invention can come from anywhere. When a botanist discovers a new type of plant in the rain forest, that doesn't have to be a military operation. In other words, we don't need the military to make discovery and technological breakthrough... seems like a straight forward concept to me. Crediting warfare for invention seems like a total stretch and rationalization.

Scientific advance is driven by research grants and by guaranteed patronage when the new product is ready for use.
The Federal Government and namely the DoD patronized so much research and invention in areas that you obviously have no clue about

PreviousNext

Return to Rant and Rave - Politics