Advertising

Key Arena RFP begins on January 11th

Postby JAWA on Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:14 pm

Re: Key Arena RFP begins on January 11th

Postby glenstar on Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:35 pm

I read that on Twitter. Hopefully, something gets done, but the Key thing seems like a waste of time to me. :?

Postby D-Trains on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:19 pm

glenstar wrote:I read that on Twitter. Hopefully, something gets done, but the Key thing seems like a waste of time to me. :?

I thought the same thing but I am warming to it a bit. If Sodo gets rejected then Hansen can still own the team if they play at the new Key.

dt

Postby glenstar on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:59 pm

D-Trains wrote:
glenstar wrote:I read that on Twitter. Hopefully, something gets done, but the Key thing seems like a waste of time to me. :?

I thought the same thing but I am warming to it a bit. If Sodo gets rejected then Hansen can still own the team if they play at the new Key.

dt

That could be, DT. if the Key works, fine , but they need to decide on something and get it moving. I definitely want Chris to own the team. Of course, be brought up all of that land, but I am sure he can sell it for a nice profit.

Postby D-Trains on Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:14 am

glenstar wrote:
D-Trains wrote:

dt

That could be, DT. if the Key works, fine , but they need to decide on something and get it moving. I definitely want Chris to own the team. Of course, be brought up all of that land, but I am sure he can sell it for a nice profit.

Yeah I wouldn't worry about his financial situation. My guess is he made billions for his clients and himself with credit default swaps during the housing crash in 2008.

dt

Postby D-Trains on Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:13 am

Baker's piece on the topic:

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/nba/ ... y-council/

How about this. WTF? Only in Seattle.............

“I look forward to seeing the final RFP and having more discussion about what this development means for Seattle and our region,” Juarez told the council briefing. “We will be focusing on a world class civic cultural arena, looking at development and operations, transportation, labor, the racial and social justice equity piece and of course, looking at the neighborhood — most notably Uptown and adjoining neighborhoods.’’

Postby auroraave on Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:17 am

I guess I can see why the city wants to entertain plans for Key upgrade - they'll retain ownership. Using it as a concert venue is a good idea - they did the same thing here with the Forum (Dolan's MSG Co did) and it's always hosting concerts and events. Drinks are $14 so I imagine they are making a killing.

I wonder if Hanson can sue for the right to build. This is all a perfect reminder why nothing gets done in Seattle. I guess the Storm will have a snazzy new home court - no need to upgrade the seats tho - no one goes to the game. Seattle in a nutshell right there.

Postby D-Trains on Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:41 am

All I care about is the "racial and social justice equity piece" I don't care if the arena seats 19 people and is only big enough to play tetherball in. As long is there is racial and social justice!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Postby auroraave on Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:29 pm

D-Trains on Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:41 am

All I care about is the "racial and social justice equity piece" I don't care if the arena seats 19 people and is only big enough to play tetherball in. As long is there is racial and social justice!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

For f*ck sake, throw in a transgender port-a-potty and have RuPaul warm up the crowd before each game and let's close the deal. :P

Postby JAWA on Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:38 pm

D-Trains wrote:Baker's piece on the topic:

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/nba/ ... y-council/

How about this. WTF? Only in Seattle.............

“I look forward to seeing the final RFP and having more discussion about what this development means for Seattle and our region,” Juarez told the council briefing. “We will be focusing on a world class civic cultural arena, looking at development and operations, transportation, labor, the racial and social justice equity piece and of course, looking at the neighborhood — most notably Uptown and adjoining neighborhoods.’’

WTF is right! What in the hell does racial and social justice equity have anything to do with building a friggin' arena!? Good grief, and I thought the BS about the Huskies opening up competition for the QB position next season was unbelievable! Then again, this is from the very same person who suggested they build the arena in HER district. One problem though, and that's there's no land available in her district. I sincerely believe that banging my head against the wall is far more productive than this sorry excuse of a city council.

This RFP for the Key will result in one of two things. One, is that the studies will show what we already know about the Key, and that it will not work as a viable arena for neither the NBA nor NHL. Or, for some unforeseen reason, the exact opposite will happen. My money's on the former and will be shocked if the latter comes to fruition.

Let's see what Leiweke comes up with.

Next

Return to NBA in Seattle