Advertising

What is Petersen and staff up to?

Postby Roses4Huskies on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:17 pm

Anybody else a little concerned right now? Receivers coach Matt Lubick has been gone for, what, a week now and still no word as to who Petersen is bringing in to replace the guy? No word on even who he's looking at?

And then recruiting... we get turned down by Kyle Ford, Asa Turner doesn't sign on signing day, still up in the air on where he's going... we've got 20 signees but room for more and outside of Heimuli and Patterson, who the fu.ck are we looking at? Puka Nacua. Ok. Another Poly kid. I swear half our class nowadays is Poly. That's alright I suppose. Anybody else? We're on 3 kids as we near signing day with a good handful of schollies available.

I'm a little concerned right now. 1 WR in this class. We need a WR coach. Turner waffling. Not good guys

Re: What is Petersen and staff up to?

Postby rockycola on Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:51 pm

Roses4Huskies wrote:Anybody else a little concerned right now? Receivers coach Matt Lubick has been gone for, what, a week now and still no word as to who Petersen is bringing in to replace the guy? No word on even who he's looking at?

And then recruiting... we get turned down by Kyle Ford, Asa Turner doesn't sign on signing day, still up in the air on where he's going... we've got 20 signees but room for more and outside of Heimuli and Patterson, who the fu.ck are we looking at? Puka Nacua. Ok. Another Poly kid. I swear half our class nowadays is Poly. That's alright I suppose. Anybody else? We're on 3 kids as we near signing day with a good handful of schollies available.

I'm a little concerned right now. 1 WR in this class. We need a WR coach. Turner waffling. Not good guys

Readin' the ST article gives good answers sometimes :P

By Adam Jude Seattle Times staff reporter

Washington coach Chris Petersen has again plucked from the Boise State coaching tree to find the Huskies’ newest assistant coach.

Junior Adams has been offered the job as UW’s wide receivers coach, a source close to the program confirmed to The Seattle Times on Wednesday. FootballScoop.com first reported the impending move.

Assuming the deal is finalized, Adams would become Petersen’s fourth wide receivers coach in the past six seasons.

Adams, 39, replaces Matt Lubick, whose two-year contract at UW expired at the end of this month. Lubick left the profession to take a role with a credit union in his native Colorado.

'A 10 isn't enough': Bellevue native, UCLA gymnast breaks the internet with flawless floor routine WATCH
Huskies mailbag: Losing nine starters, can the UW defense reload?
Seahawks sign free agent defensive tackle Jamie Meder, a former Cleveland Brown
Seahawks DE Frank Clark says he played the 2018 season at 60 percent health, with injured elbows
Who stays, who goes: Ranking how UW, WSU and other Pac-12 teams made out in the NFL draft declaration process
Lubick was earning $475,000 annually at Washington. Details of Adams’ contract with UW were not immediately made available.

Postby D-Trains on Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:25 pm

rockycola wrote:
Roses4Huskies wrote:Anybody else a little concerned right now? Receivers coach Matt Lubick has been gone for, what, a week now and still no word as to who Petersen is bringing in to replace the guy? No word on even who he's looking at?

Readin' the ST article gives good answers sometimes :P

By Adam Jude Seattle Times staff reporter

Washington coach Chris Petersen has again plucked from the Boise State coaching tree to find the Huskies’ newest assistant coach.

Junior Adams has been offered the job as UW’s wide receivers coach, a source close to the program confirmed to The Seattle Times on Wednesday. FootballScoop.com first reported the impending move.

Assuming the deal is finalized, Adams would become Petersen’s fourth wide receivers coach in the past six seasons.

Adams, 39, replaces Matt Lubick, whose two-year contract at UW expired at the end of this month. Lubick left the profession to take a role with a credit union in his native Colorado.

'A 10 isn't enough': Bellevue native, UCLA gymnast breaks the internet with flawless floor routine WATCH
Huskies mailbag: Losing nine starters, can the UW defense reload?
Seahawks sign free agent defensive tackle Jamie Meder, a former Cleveland Brown
Seahawks DE Frank Clark says he played the 2018 season at 60 percent health, with injured elbows
Who stays, who goes: Ranking how UW, WSU and other Pac-12 teams made out in the NFL draft declaration process
Lubick was earning $475,000 annually at Washington. Details of Adams’ contract with UW were not immediately made available.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Hey you aren't supposed to post those articles, much better to just keep guessing and speculating.

dt

Postby 57reasons on Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:17 pm

i note with interest that the new hire at WR coach is a former OC. Maybe a backup plan if Hamdan doesnt turn it around? have to wonder if losing Lubick cost us Ford - cant see any other good reason for him to sign with SC.

Postby Roses4Huskies on Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:58 pm

57reasons wrote:i note with interest that the new hire at WR coach is a former OC. Maybe a backup plan if Hamdan doesnt turn it around? have to wonder if losing Lubick cost us Ford - cant see any other good reason for him to sign with SC.

Lubick had a two year deal and wasn't extended for a reason. He can't recruit nor coach the position up to snuff

Postby 57reasons on Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:53 pm

Here's what they're up to:
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw- ... -expected/

2,336 receiving yards in one season!

Return to Husky Football